Health and Nutrition Advisor
Job Title: Health and Nutrition Advisor
Reports to: Country Director
Duty Station: Juba, Jubek State, South Sudan
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), an international non-profit making agency that implements humanitarian relief, recovery and development projects in Africa, seeks to qualified candidate for the position of Health and Nutrition Advisor for its programme in Juba, South Sudan.
Job Summary: To provide oversight and guidance in planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of health care service delivery in project areas. The position is also responsible for developing and implementing capacity building interventions in the counties of operation; maintaining cordial relations with CHDs/ SMOH/ MOH through effective participation in State coordination meetings. Provide overall leadership to health sector projects in the country and support resource mobilization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the CHDs, SMOH & National MOH, effectively implement health sector work plans and ensure that agreed reporting deadlines are complied with.
- Ensure that the health projects remain within the scope of design, budget and purpose, fully complying with donor contractual requirements, AAH-I and the South Sudan rules and regulations. This includes identifying bottlenecks to project implementation and taking appropriate remedial action.
- Provide oversight of programme budget to ensure full compliance with budgetary allocations, donor contractual requirements and AAH-I policies and procedures.
- Represent AAH South Sudan at local authority and in health coordination forums at national level, and support internal and external communications at state and national level
- Ensure regular documentation of key stakeholder meetings that discuss work plans and assess performance, including national and state level coordination meetings and Programme Management Team meetings.
- Prepare and submit donor progress reports (monthly and quarterly statistical and narrative) on time.
- Ensure that appropriate plans are in place for dealing with emergencies, and provide oversight support to staff in handling emergencies
- Participate in AAH South Sudan internal management meetings and other coordination fora within and outside the country as required.
- Participate in conducting base line assessments and proposal development.
- Represent Health sector at AAH South Sudan Board meetings.
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine, with a least 5 years’ experience in health sector leadership role in developing countries
- A Masters qualification will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good communicational skills (written and spoken)
- Good organizational and managerial skills
- IT proficient (email, spread-sheets, word, databases, job-related software, etc)
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by March 21, 2018. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position and Location. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.