Data Integrity Manager
Data Integrity Manager - Reposted - CWS RSC Africa
Job Title: Data Integrity Manager
Grade: 9 (N)
Level: Level 2 Manager
Division: Data Integrity
CWS RSC Africa
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Church World Service does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or the provision of services.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those individuals shortlisted will be contacted.
This position is exclusively open to national applicants.
Valid Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the past six (6) months is required before the start of employment.
Please note CWS RSC Africa does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
The eligibility list established as a result of this job posting will be used for a minimum of six months or until the list is exhausted. This list will be used to fill any current and immediate future vacancies. Individuals who are interested in this position should submit their application materials now.
Please note CWS RSC Africa uses e-mail for all recruitment contacts. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly.
Your application materials should clearly indicate how you meet the requirements of the position. Be sure your resume is in an easy to read format. Dates of employment on your resume should be in mm/yy format.
The Data Integrity Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of RSC Africa’s refugee case processing data and reports directly to the RSC Africa Director. This position acts as the focal point for all non-IT, RPC communication. This position oversees statistical reports generated within RSC Africa. The position is also responsible for ensuring the physical and data security of all refugee information/files and developing and enforcing anti-fraud standard operating procedures.
This position directly supervises the Data Integrity Supervisor and the File Library Supervisor.
This position reports to the RSC Africa Director.
- Serves as RPC focal point for all WRAPS Release Notes, requests for information and the Helpdesk.
- Ensures that information from RPC is disseminated to RSC Africa programs staff in a timely manner and that feedback and questions from staff is analysed and collated for onward submission to RPC.
- Ensures departmental compliance to all relevant requirements found in the PRM Program Integrity guidelines and the Cooperative Agreement.
- Directly supervises the Data Integrity Supervisor and the File Library Supervisor, and manages their daily workloads.
- Works closely with Reports Analysts to develop reports which monitor staff efficiency and data entry accuracy for overall quality control and improvement.
- Oversees all standard and ad hoc reports generated by DIU staff and monitors for accuracy, precision, and timely distribution.
- Works closely with WRAPS Trainer and RSC Africa program management to develop regular needs assessments as well as training programs and materials for staff to ensure staff members are fully trained in WRAPS functions.
- Oversees an Annual Process Review of each departmental unit in RSC Africa programs divisions, which contains a full review of the unit’s reporting tools, SOP adherence, & file security procedures.
- Works closely with the RSC IT Team to ensure WRAPS data security.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with Operations management in regard to report development, training needs, and WRAPS functionality.
- Travels to the field to assess field team training needs and conduct on-site training as necessary.
- Perform any other duty as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) year of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Degree in Management Information Systems or Information Systems, Statistics or a related field is preferred
- 8 years of related experience is required.
- 3 years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- High level of proficiency operating, maintaining and troubleshooting database software tools is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in database management, data analysis, quality control is preferred.
Technical certification is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in TRANSACT SQL and Microsoft SQL Server database design, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Strong Knowledge and proficiency using Tableau Tableau Business Analytics Software a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technological problems.
- Knowledge of library cataloging, classification, and file management.
- Working knowledge of WRAPS highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program a plus.
The Data Integrity Manager must have the ability to:
- travel extensively throughout the regions, sometimes on short notice and under difficult conditions;
- exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, sitting, standing, walking, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Working environment: Normal office working conditions.
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the past six (6) months is required before the start of employment. A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel.. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.
Please click the link below to access the advert and for your to be able to apply for the position.