A NUTRITION & HEALTH EMERGENCY COORDINATOR - BANGLADESH
We are looking for:
A NUTRITION & HEALTH EMERGENCY COORDINATOR
Country: BANGLADESH – Cox’s Bazaar
Length of Contract: 8 Months starting April the 15th**
The Position: Under the supervision of the Field Operations Director, you will be responsible for internal and external coordination to ensure smooth implementation of Action Against Hunger Health and Nutrition Activities in Cox’s Bazar host communities and refugee settlements. You will provide support to the nutrition programme managers in the development, implementation and management of the health and nutrition activities as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project. You will support the Health and Nutrition Head of Department in development and implementation of the health and nutrition strategy in Cox’s Bazar District. More precisely, you will be in charge to:**
Develop Internal and External Coordination
- Represent the organization in external coordination mechanisms, District Coordination, Nutrition Sector and Health sector and any other relevant coordination mechanism
- Represent Action Against Hunger and Health and Nutrition Strategy in Technical Working Groups
- Leading the Assessment Technical Working Group in Cox’s Bazar District
- Coordination with international and local partners, as well as local implementing partners
- Coordination with other Action Against Hunger sectors to ensure smooth implementation of activities
Develop, implement and manage the Health and Nutrition Interventions in Cox’s Bazar
- Provide inputs in development of health and nutrition strategy in Cox’s Bazar
- Execute Action Against Hunger health and nutrition strategy
- Support the Health and Nutrition Managers to develop project proposals, targets, budget, donor reporting, etc
- Ensure quality of health and nutrition activities
Manage the Health and Nutrition Team
- Management of his/her team (leadership, coordination, monitoring, motivation etc)
- Determine HR needs for the implementation of health and nutrition activities
- Follow up on recruitment status and support health and nutrition managers in recruitment
- Identify capacity building needs of health and nutrition team and develop capacity building
- Provide training to health and nutrition team in collaboration with Health and Nutrition capacity building unit
- Capacity build and handover to local health and nutrition coordinator
The Applicant: You hold a Master degree in Nutrition with a specialization in Public Health with 5 years minimum of professional experience and 2 years prior experience working with emergency and development projects dealing with Health and Nutrition.
You are recognized for your technical expertise in nutrition & health programming and experience in project cycle management and integrated approaches.
You have a significant expertise in CMAM program setup and a strong ability to provide technical support. You have as well strong skills in capacity-building development and the ability to work in partnership with local partners and government.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills are required thus team management experience.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written).
Contract: 8 months fixed term contract under french legislation
Remuneration and benefits:
· Monthly gross salary from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
· Per diem and living allowance: 515€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
· + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
· + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered (préciser si logement individuel)
Medical coverage:** 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:**
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year.
To know more about Bangladesh:
The Action contre la Faim’s website where you can find further information:
To apply, please visit our website:
Join us on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/1334237/ ccent