Senior Community Development Officer
- Coordinate and supervise project activities in the five units under Community Development Department, (WASH, Agriculture, Micro Enterprise, Skills and Vocational Training and Livestock.) in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and other stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor the rate of implementation of Community Development activities against set plans, facilitating reviews and re-planning sessions and making use of work plans, monthly and quarterly financial reports to monitor plans and budgets.
- Build partnerships with the relevant government Departments, other organizations, institutions and community with the view of strengthening the existing relations.
- Ensuring LWF Community development initiatives are in line with Turkana County integrated Development plan(CIDP) for ease of partnerships and integrated programming
- Work closely with the projects coordinator in fundraising and resource mobilization for community development related initiatives.
- Coordinate the production of accurate, detailed and timely narrative reports highlighting objectives, achievements and impact on peoples’ lives from Community Development activities in accordance with approved project guidelines, donor formats and requirements.
- Provide overall team leadership to Community Development sector staff in the implementation of their duties.
- Ensuring that all cross-cutting issues (i.e. gender, environment, conflict mitigation, contingency planning and accountability) and LWF approaches (i.e. rights-based approach, integrated approach, and community empowerment) are mainstreamed into all project activities.
- Responsible for carrying annual staff performance appraisal and continuously monitor the attainment of action plans designed to improve individual staff performance.
Applications and detailed CV including email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your *current/former* employment. They should reach the undersigned by close of business on **21st March 2018
The Human Resources Officer
P.O. Box 48, Kakuma
Or e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted