Organisational Development/Knowledge Manager (f/m) for co-developing a reflective learning strategy
As a rapidly-growing organisation, relying on a combination of thematic, methodological, and regional competences, we aspire to operationalise our strategic vision as a learning organisation. We want to capitalise on our organisational experience for improving our work, for documenting and sharing lessons learnt and best practices and for communicating these to different audiences. We believe that by jointly developing, testing and implementing a reflective learning strategy, we will be able to make better use of our knowledge, skills and institutional memory in order to facilitate internal and external learning and dissemination processes that make our work more effective and increase our impact in the field as well as vis-à-vis our partners, donors and the wider public. In order to support our internal process to devise the strategy, we have created this 12 months position.
In coordination with an in-house team, the Organisational Development/Knowledge Manager will design and steer the process of developing a Berghof Strategy for Internal Learning:
- Design, test, and begin implementing the steps of such a strategy, such as needs assessment, identification of useful mechanisms, etc.
- Co-design and implement the pilot application of the Strategy to two Berghof projects or cases
- Draft and steer organisational consultations on the Strategy
- Identify existing knowledge management processes and products within Berghof, and coordinate an in-house process for assessing these and defining a knowledge management scheme
- Coordinate the knowledge management scheme (documentation, reflection, selection of cases to share) with colleagues from all programmes Develop formats for sharing internal lessons and external knowledge products
Qualifications and skills:
- Strong process design, strategy development and organisational learning expertise and experience
- Proven experience in organisational processes, preferably knowledge management
- Proven record of practical expertise in designing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) processes in organisations or programmes
- MA degree or equivalent in communication studies, political science, social science, development studies, or related fields
- Familiarity with the field of conflict transformation is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, good German skills; skills in other languages (preferably Arabic, Spanish and/or French) are desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
The full-time position (40 hrs/week) will be based in Berlin, Germany for a period of 12 months. We are open to alternative models, e.g. splitting the position between candidates with complementary profiles.
Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until April 4, 2018 through our online application system:
We look forward to receiving your application!