SWEDISH MARKETING & FUNDRAISING INTERN AT STREET CHILD
Preferred start date: as soon as possible
Street Child is a major child-focused development agency, specializing in Sierra Leone and
Liberia and has established itself as a leading organization providing quality and sustainable
education to thousands of children. Managed out of our London headquarters, we have
supported over 63,,000 children to access education in the last five years. We have launched a
very exciting new phase in Street Child’s development; the expansion into other European
regions like the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, France and Spain.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach, keeping overheads low so
that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa. We are very lucky to
have fantastic volunteers committed to our cause and are now looking for an innovative
individual to support the expansion, marketing and fundraising in these new regions. We are
looking for a Swedish native speaker to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred
internship duration is 6 months, however shorter duration can get discussed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are
some examples of responsibilities:
● Researching new funding prospects, including trusts, foundations and major donors in
● Writing fundraising proposals with the support of the Programme Funding Officer;
● Marketing and fundraising: support the research and launch of fundraising channels
and activities in our new regions, e.g. crowdfunding, fundraising events, direct
● Manage marketing activities, e.g. digital marketing search marketing, email marketing
and social media.
● Promote and communicate local and international events like the Sierra Leone
● Build and update our international websites and marketing materials.
● Volunteer activation and coordination: help expand the volunteer network of Street
Child and manage the support of our existing volunteers.
● Business development: Build and manage collaborations and partnerships e.g. with
other organizations, events or companies.
● Event management: support planned events and develop new event ideas.
● Other: assist legal and accounting tasks, coordinate and support the translation of our
international websites provided by our volunteers, office admin, etc.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience in the third sector, resume
content, great co-workers and the chance to work in our office in the heart of Barcelona’s old
town, in addition to the experience of working to support a great
● Key characteristics we are looking for: very independent working style, highly motivated
and driven, innovative thinking, identify yourself with the mission of Street Child.
● Areas of university studies include but are not limited to marketing, international
relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
● Lastly, excellent communication skills and knowledge of web, social media, Microsoft
Office, etc. will be needed. English and Swedish language skills are necessary. Spanish
is a plus.
The office set-up we use recommends you to bring your own laptop to work from.
If you want to apply for an internship at Street Child or if you have any open question, contact
our HR department at email@example.com.
For your application, please email your CV, a brief cover letter why you want to intern at Street
Child, how you heard about us and the preferred dates of your internship.