EU BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN AT STREET CHILD
Street Child is a major child-focused development agency, specializing in Sierra Leone, Liberia,
Nigeria, Nepal and Sri Lanka. It has established itself as a leading organization providing
quality and sustainable education to thousands of children. Managed out of our London
headquarters, we have supported over 63,000 children to access education in the last five
years. We have launched a very exciting new phase in Street Child’s development; the
expansion into other European regions like the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, France, Denmark,
Sweden and Spain.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach, keeping overheads low so
that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa and Asia. We are very
lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to our cause and are now looking for an
innovative individual to support the expansion, marketing and growth in these new regions. We
are looking for a business development intern to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred
internship duration is a minimum of 6 months, however shorter availabilities can be discussed.
You will be part of a small team. Below are some examples of your responsibilities:
● Identifying ideas by researching the industry and related events, publications, and
announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
● Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners;
discover and explore opportunities.
● Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements,
potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending
● Develop negotiating strategies & positions by studying integration of new venture with
company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating
partners' needs and goals.
● Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating
contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
● Create new opportunities to increase financial support. This will involve identifying new
sources of funding and potential corporate supporters and securing their involvement
and collaborative partnership
● Develop new income streams. This will include identifying potential new sources of
income from corporates, sport clubs, organizations, universities, etc.
● Build up media partnerships to promote our general work as well as our international
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience in the third sector, resume
content, great co-workers and the chance to work in our office in the heart of Barcelona’s old
town,, in addition to the experience of working to support a great
● Key characteristics we are looking for: very independent working style, highly motivated
and driven, innovative thinking, identify yourself with the mission of Street Child.
● Areas of university studies include but are not limited to economics, business,
marketing, international relations, human rights, development or global affairs.
● Lastly, excellent communication skills and knowledge of web, social media, Microsoft
Office, etc. will be needed. English language skills are necessary. One or more other
European languages skills are highly recommended. Spanish is a plus.
The office set-up we use recommends you to bring your own notebook to work from, but we
do have an office computer.
If you want to apply for an internship at Street Child or if you have any open question, contact
our HR department at email@example.com.
For your application, please email your CV, a brief cover letter why you want to intern at Street
Child, how you heard about us and the preferred dates of your internship.