Supply Chain Analyst
Position Title: Supply Chain Analyst, Procurement
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Boston, MA
The Supply Chain Analyst plays an important role in supply chain optimization and will execute day to day operations, including ordering, shipment tracking, and financial and administrative tasks, for specified projects and sites. This individual must be detail oriented, organized, and proactive, with a passion and commitment for system improvements and serving PIH’s patients around the world. The position is full time and reports to the Supply Chain Manager. This individual will work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities. The analyst will also work on defined supply chain projects and process improvement initiatives.
Ordering and Logistics
- Request quotations, analyze quotations, and confirm orders with vendors
- Manage data analysis for assigned project replenishment orders
- Enter and track shipments into supply chain management software system or excel workbooks
- Communicate with and actively provide status updates to both Boston and international site staff about their needs and incoming shipments
- Communicate with partners and donors to organize shipment logistics
- Place and pick up orders for emergency needs as needed
Supply Chain Projects
- Prepare item data to input into electronic system and actively manage data integrity
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers to monitor project work plans and budgets to identify activities requiring supply chain support and develop action plans to address these needs
- Adapt and develop templates and tools for procurement planning and execution, in line with project objectives and goals as well as organizational processes
- Understand and actively communicate PIH’s current Supply Chain systems and integrate project supply chain planning into current processes to ensure efficiency
- Work with Supply Chain team and clinical colleagues to understand and improve existing clinical formularies and vendor relationships
Administrative and Finance
- Enter purchase orders in financial system and process invoices for payment
- Follow up with sites and vendors to identify and resolve discrepancies
- Collaboratively, prepare or contribute to requests for approvals and waivers for procurement, as needed
- Ensure financial reports related to supply chain are properly coded and communicated to project and site staff, as required
- Maintain the integrity and transparency of all department records and files and providing reports upon request
- 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably working in developing countries
- Demonstrated success managing data sets with extreme attention to detail
- Experience implementing process improvements and enjoying them!
- Willingness to do important repetitive tasks and data entry and ability to see their connection to larger team and organizational goals
- Ability to follow established processes
- Strong Excel Skills
- Analytical and service-oriented mindset
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country
- Experience with international pharmaceutical and/or medical supply procurement
- Experience with information systems or proven ability to learn new systems quickly – MS NAV a plus
- Experience working on multi-country donor funded projects
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Flexibility, good judgment, and ability to work under pressure, within a team and independently
- Ability to work well with a diverse team, honoring the concerns and priorities of staff in field sites
- Ability to solve problems creatively in order to meet organizational goals and objectives
- French language skills a plus
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Supply Chain Team supports the supply chain management needs of PIH. It offers procurement and logistics services to PIH field sites, including technical support, order management and administration, procurement, warehousing, and shipment. The staff on this team are responsible for supplying PIH’s field sites with medical and programmatic equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals.
For more than two decades, PIH has treated and prevented tuberculosis (TB), multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB), and HIV/TB in some of the poorest and most vulnerable communities in the world. Our community-based approach to care has resulted in some of the highest cure rates and lowest treatment default rates ever recorded. PIH is working with a number of partners to radically change the management of MDR-TB around the world by introducing new drugs that provide treatment regiments that are shorter and less toxic than traditional MDR-TB regimens. The hope is to dramatically expand access to these drugs, develop new treatment regimens, and ultimately improve patients’ quality of life. Approximately 50% of the Supply Chain Analysts work will be focused on procurement for TB commodities.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume or CV on our career site!