National M&E Specialist Rapid III - Pakistan
Cesvi is an Italian NGO working in more than 24 countries in the world. Cesvi started its operations in Pakistan after the 2005 earthquake implementing development and emergency projects. The core sector is emergency response (shelters, WASH, food support) to the population affected by natural disasters and conflicts. Cesvi is working in several areas (Bannu, Sindh, NWA) and has a Country Coordination office in Islamabad.
In this framework, Cesvi is looking for the Director of the ‘Responding to Pakistan’s Internally Displaced III’ (RAPID III) programme. This program, has 2 objectives:
- “Through small scale, short-term grants, support local and international non-government organizations (NGOs) in responding to emergency needs throughout Pakistan”.
- “Strengthen the technical, management, and programmatic skills of local non-governmental organizations, as well as local disaster management authorities, to increase the quality of their internal operations and their standards of work on the ground”
The M&E Specialist will set up, supervise and manage the M&E System for the overall Project and for sub awardees’ , ensuring also capacity building of partners on the M&E systems and methodologies
The collaboration will start in around June 2018. The main duty station will be the Country Office in Islamabad, with field visits in the country. The overall objectives of the M&E Specialist are:
- Generate baseline data for the purpose of institutional capacity building, comprehensive activities’ planning and projects’ monitoring, evaluation and documentation.
- Capacity development of projects and partners’ staff
- Develop and supervise monitoring formats and database management
- S/he performs baseline assessments, analyse data produced and create reports
- S/he establishes the monitoring system on the online platform
- S/he provides specific training for subawardees’ M&E staff on the monitoring system and database management
- S/he develops quantitative and qualitative tools and analysis frameworks for each of the program interventions, including standard data collection instruments (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews), analysis plans and data entry spreadsheet. These tools shall allow for the tracking of impact on beneficiaries, value for money and spillover effects;
- S/he supervises and evaluate data collection at the field level performed by Cesvi and sub awardees’ staff, by making sure that sub awardees’ data collection teams deliver as per action plans and according to high quality standards.
- S/he trains team members and partners on high quality data collection, cleaning and analysis.
The M&E Specialist will work in close coordination with Director of RAPID programme in Pakistan and RAPID Grants Support Unit in HQ, Italy, under the direct supervision of CESVI Pakistan Head of Mission.
Minimum academic qualifications: Advanced university degree in statistics, economics, social sciences or other relevant degree.
Minimum 10 years professional experience in community development and humanitarian projects, Monitoring and evaluation or similar.
Demonstrated experience of using participatory approaches
Demonstrated experience in applying IT innovative tools to M&E purposes.
Demonstrable skills in producing high quality reports and relevant monitoring systems
Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Ability to work independently and in a multi-cultural environment
Proven experience in personnel management, and in capacity building of staff and partners
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Strong ability to develop high-quality and data-based reports and evaluations
Fluency in English
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, accounting software
Proven experience in managing and monitor US-funded programs, complying to Donor’s standards, rules and procedures.
Hiring is conditional to the approval of the program by the Donor.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
TO APPLY: Please send your complete application (CV + Motivation Letter) to:
Incomplete applications will not be taken in consideration.