Zone Operations Manager
Zone Operations Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Zone Operations Manager in his/her capacity is responsible for implementation of all programming in Jonglei State, including the management of all field offices and sub offices, emergency preparedness and response, and logistics. S/he will be responsible for leading the implementation and state coordination of Save the Children's dual mandate in the State. This will include managing both the humanitarian response as well development programming in the host communities covering all counties. The holder will have overall responsibility for Save the Children's developmental and humanitarian operational platform. The AM, will play a key role in the implementation of activities and the possible restructuring of teams in Field offices to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and impact of our interventions with the budget available; will be expected to strengthen and support all areas of Save the Children International (SCI) operations quality programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation, team management. S/he will ensure that teams implement high quality programs at scale that impact positively on the lives of children and vulnerable refugees and that meet with Save the Children International's Humanitarian Framework, Standard Operating Standards, SPHERE standards and our commitments to donors, and the Government of South Sudan.
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Location: Juba with travel to field Offices
- Master's degree in development or other social sciences Experience and Skills
- Recommended 5 years' experience in a highly operational NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs and 2 year's team management experience.
- Master's degree in development or other social sciences
- Robust experience of NGO program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- A very good understanding of at least 2 of the sectoral programs and a working knowledge of the program priorities of the Country Office
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Ability to deputize the Operations Manager
- Experience in Similar context as South Sudan
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
NOTE: THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT, THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED BEFORE DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bW9uaWNhLjQxMzY0LjM4MzBAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcm...