Project Coordinator (WASH department)
Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for a Project Coordinator (WASH department) in Syria/Turkey.
Position: Project Coordinator (WASH department)
Location: Turkey, Antakya
Contract details: full-time position with a 2-month trial period
Starting date: ASAP
PAH in Turkey/Syria:
We have been operating in Syria since 2012 and in 2013 established a permanent mission there, providing humanitarian aid in the provinces of Idlib and north Hama. One of the mission’s chief objectives is to provide help to internal migrants who are fleeing from the conflict in search of safe shelter.
Since the establishment of PAH’s mission in Syria/Turkey, we have worked with a variety of partners through a diverse funding portfolio. Partnering with local NGOs, iNGOs, UN agencies, institutional donors, local leaders and regional administrations, PAH has been continuing to provide efficient humanitarian aid. We have been implementing projects from FSL, Education and WASH sectors, funded by HF OCHA, FFP WFP, NCA and other donors.
PAH’s current activities in Syria/Turkey include:
- swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Syria;
- delivering food kits and hygiene NFI to vulnerable households;
- building and renovating water and sanitation infrastructure;
- providing a solid waste management system;
- organizing cleaning campaigns and hygiene promotion activities;
- conducting agriculture and livestock production trainings;
- offering transportation to school for refugee children;
- improving quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Syria/Turkey is looking for a Project Coordinator (WASH department). The purpose of the WASH Project Coordinator is to oversee the entire WASH response of the PAH Syria WASH Projects, working closely with the implementing partner to ensure tasks are carried out.
The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Manager in responsibilities for the timeframe and quality of project implementation
- Ensure that all project activities are in accordance with budget lines
- Manage documentation in accordance with donor’s directives and the department standards
- Support program manager in cooperation with partners and project stakeholders
- Support program manager in reporting to donors and other stakeholders
- Review field technical assessment and report, and assist WASH program manager in project proposals and periodic reports
- Support WASH program manager to review project BOQs from the field to ensure the proper technical specifications
- Review water quality (microbial, physical, chemical) analysis reports from the field to insure that water specification meet technical guidelines approved by the government / WHO and other donors
- Assist WASH program manager in monitoring project activities budget
- Follow up with implementing work plan
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings needed for implementation and requested by WASH program manager
- Support the program manager to attend WASH cluster meeting and other WASH coordinating meeting
- Follow up project payments for contractual services
- Implement other tasks as requested by the line manager and/or response manager
- High education degree in project management and/or engineering
- App. 3 years in WASH projects at the similar position (preferably in project management)
- An ability to develop proposals and project budgets for donors
- Ability to prepare and conduct trainings and to develop presentational materials
- Deep understanding of the specifics of humanitarian organization
- Proficiency in oral and written English (Arabic would be a strong asset)
- Advance level of MS Office and AutoCAD
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience in team working, being focused on cooperation and good communication
- Analytical skills
- Stress resistance
What PAH offers:
- A challenging and exciting job with development possibilities
- A full-time position with a 2-month trial period
- Competitive salary
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter at email@example.com with the following subject: Project Coordinator no later than February 25th, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.