IT Project Manager
CARE Canada is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We are currently looking for an IT Project Manager to join our IT team in Ottawa. This individual will be responsible for leading multiple projects for the implementation of MS Office 365 in CARE Canada’s six (6) country offices located in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean, where English may not be the language of communication. The scope of this role entails conducting needs assessment in each country office, requirements analysis as well as planning and creating project roadmaps. At CARE Canada’s head office in Ottawa, the IT Project Manager will support the implementation of a new cloud data backup solution. This is a temporary full time position reporting to the Director of ICT and Knowledge Management and ending in December 2018. Additional weighted consideration given to candidates with fluency (verbal and written skills) in any of the following languages: French, Spanish and/or Arabic.
What you offer:
- Undergraduate or college degree in a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 or more years of relevant experience with a solid background in network administration with natural career progression into IT project management
- Experience leading multiple projects across large complex, cross functional and matrix teams.
- Outstanding technical skills and sound understanding of firewalls, switches, security protection, user authentication, all within the context of Office 365 for country offices work
- Experience testing and implementing the migration of data backups from onsite to the cloud.
- Extensive knowledge of technology configurations, web infrastructure, telecommunications, systems hardware and software and security management
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AD Connect, Office 365 and SharePoint, including past experience with project implementation and post-implementation administration, relative to the above
- Experience configuring SharePoint Enterprise features – considered a definite asset
- Experience with Microsoft projects, familiar with Gantt charts or work breakdown structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluency in French, Spanish and/or Arabic would be an asset
What we offer:
· Generous leave entitlements
· Group benefits plan: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply), and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
· Great international travel opportunities
· Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training
· Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
· Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Business casual dress code four days per week, Jeans Fridays
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
- A family friendly environment
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic international team and are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. To learn more, visit www.care.ca
To learn more about CARE Canada, visit our social pages:
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.