Chief of Party
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Chief of Party
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) for the USAID Evidence for Health activity in Zambia.The purpose of this activity is to 1) strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners, and 3) expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The ideal candidate is a skilled development professional with previous experience serving in a similar COP role. Position reports to the Home Office Project Director.
This position is contingent upon project award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee capacity building and training;
- Performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all project targets are met;
- Build partnerships and identify networks/opportunities for collaboration across the region.
- Provide overall vision, leadership and strategic direction for the activity conducive to high performance and achievement of high-quality results as expected by USAID/Zambia and IBTCI;
- Provide management support and technical oversight of the activity;
- Coordinate and collaborate with USAID/Zambia, implementing partners, and Government of Zambia stakeholders in health and other health-related sectors;
- Adhere to USAID, IBTCI and local rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures (including USAID FARS and ADS);
- Deliver high-quality outputs in accordance with an agreed upon activity work plan and timeframe.
- Supervise the project team consisting of key personnel and support staff fostering high levels of performance within a collaborative working environment and high morale;
- Manage financial and administrative resources including monitoring the activity budget and assuring compliance with USAID contractual provisions and local laws and regulations;
- Maintain open and effective channel of communication with USAID, IBTCI home office Project Director and support staff;
- Serve as the primary point of contact between IBTCI and USAID/Zambia in order to maintain transparent, realistic, and satisfactory expectations throughout entire implementation of the activity.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international donoros and implementing partners, preferably in Zambia or in the Southern Africa region.
- Significant experience working with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability using task management approaches for meeting deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience of progressive responsibility managing or implementing complex global health programs and projects (implementation, logistics, budget, staffing) funded by USAID.
- Proven knowledge and experience in national health data systems, data management, data use, or social science research.
- Proven experience conducting and/or managing evaluations of global health programs in Zambia or Southern Africa region
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: A Master’s degree in a related field such as public health, management, economics, international relations, or other relevant field is required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
Apply online here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1643/chief-of-party-%28zambia%29/job