Deputy Chief of Party
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for USAID’s Evidence for Health activity in Zambia.The purpose of this activity is to 1) strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners, and 3) expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon project award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assume leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP;
- Coordinate the various technical experts and align them to all program activities, including the ones related to the National Food and Nutrition Commission (NFNC);
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical assistance to the program, technical staff, and administrators for the program;
- Provide analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems;
- Lead and/or reviews and monitors programmatic functions, i.e. development of work plans, budgets and quarterly/annual reports.
- Participates in and/or prepares necessary project-related reports presentations and white papers.
- Organizes and supports, as needed, project trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Supervise senior technical staff and provide guidance to mid- and junior level staff members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health management information system and applied research, including implementation research or operational research;
- Significant progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders in low-resource settings;
- Significant experience working with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- A Master’s degree in a related field such as public health, management, international relations, or other relevant field;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability using task management tools for meeting deadlines with quality products.
Education: A Master’s degree in a related field such as public health, management, economics, international relations, or other relevant field is required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
Apply online here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1644/deputy-chief-of-party-%28zambi...