Director of Finance and Administration
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consultingcompany established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundredprojects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCIspecializes in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict andcrisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is currently seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to support the upcoming USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health Project. This activity will provide technical assistance to USAID/Zambia, implementing partners and Government of Zambia stakeholders for improving health data systems and utilization. The anticipated period of performance of this activity is 5 years with an estimated start date of October 2018. The Director of Finance and Administration will oversee financial operations and tasks, such as accounting, procurement, etc. according to USAID and USG procedures, rules, and regulations. The Director of Finance and Administration will supervise the accounting team to coordinate reporting activities. Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Financial Management, Logistical operations, and Human Resources Management.
- Assist the COP with team building, office set up, administration, contract compliance, and payroll to ensure that the team achieves and reports on all benchmarks and deliverables.
- Collaborative with other members of the project team and other IBTCI offices to ensure that the necessary planning, development, management, and field activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Develop a USAID-compliant Financial Management and Reporting system.
- Prepare financial and budget reports, develop procedures and guidelines for all activities.
- Monitor project budgets.
- Maintain accurate financial records on project activities.
- Monitor transactions to ensure compliance with USAID-regulations.
- Prepare and submit monthly invoices and other financial reports as required.
- Oversee USAID-required audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
- Experience in managing and administering sub-awards and audits.
- Experience with funds control and monitoring of fraud and abuse.
- Progressively responsible experience as a Finance Manager with a reputable NGO, development contractor or donor agency is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology (private sector, governmental, and nonprofit) and an ability to understand accounting practices and procedures; to analyze data, narrative reports, and workload flow charts, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with accounting and non-accounting individuals.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in finance.
- Significant experience with USG and USAID financial procedures, rules, and regulations.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising a finance team.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Business Administration or equivalent and an ACA/ACCA/CPA or other recognized professional accounting qualification required.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: No travel is expected.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
Apply online here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/1774/director-of-finance-and-admini...