Regional Program Specialist - MEAL
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Regional Program Specialist - Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL). Reporting to the Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the Regional Program Specialist will have a key role in setting up and/or mainstreaming (MEAL) systems and mechanisms for the national programs in the region according to the MEAL Guidance and Policies provided by Habitat for Humanity International as well as existing good/best practices in the countries and in the industry.
This position will support and strengthen National Organizations and Asia-Pacific office staff in the use and management of MEAL systems and products that are supportive of the strategic plans of 17+ countries in the Asia Pacific Region. This position was based in Manila, Philippines.
Vision and Planning
- Actively promote, enhance, and maintain Habitat for Humanity’s mission focus.
- Serve as an advocate of Habitat’s ministry, encouraging participation in the movement to eliminate poverty housing.
- Facilitate MEAL Capacity assessments and action planning.
- Train National offices (NO) focal persons and regional office users in the use of MEAL approaches and tools that promote Habitat’s operational excellence and impact.
- Coordinate work with other regional subject-matter experts, participate in regional and global initiatives, and share knowledge and innovation with national organizations and colleagues.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Provide support to area office and national organizations in program/project design for the incorporation of proper MEAL.
- Lead or participate in program and project evaluations and impact studies, and assist in the development of tools and methods. This includes but not limited to development of TORs and recruitment of consultants when needed.
- Create minimum documentation requirements for project MEAL, and track reporting for assigned portfolio of projects.
- Provide MEAL technical support to NOs to facilitate proper documentation and timely submission of quality reports to appropriate parties.
- Provide support and/or undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of activities if deemed necessary. Support includes review project data collection and reporting for data quality and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support focus countries in setting up mechanisms that strengthen accountability to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of tools and systems that support MEAL and ensure that all users have operational access to MEAL-related systems and products.
- Collect, and address system-related issues and communicate proposed solutions to higher level management (program leads, subject matter experts, headquarters).
- Promote use of organizational systems (e.g. GMT, SOE, Playbook, Sharepoint) and its products (e.g. Analysis Reports, compilations) in relevant areas such as strategic planning, program development and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Generate reports with national and regional data and coordinate with relevant program department in the Asia Pacific Office and Headquarters.
- Actively participate in HFH AP in regional and global networks as assigned.
- Represent Habitat for Humanity on taskforces and at conferences/seminars, as required.
- Forge and nurture relationships with other organizations and institutions that result in an expanded and enhanced program and increased resources (economic, strategic alliances, etc).
- Provide written reports as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science, Social work, International Development or studies related to monitoring and evaluation and research.
- Post-graduate degree in related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in the area of technical expertise with proven record of success.
- Willingness to affirm the principles of HFHI.
- Demonstrated field experience in any of the following: project management, monitoring & evaluation or research.
- Demonstrated experience in working with web-based applications, data analysis and database management.
- Understanding of logical framework.
- Skills in adult training and facilitation.
- Written and oral fluency in English required.
- Ability and willingness to work in multi-cultural, multi-faith context.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, and on a team, on multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide training and support to users.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong comment to accountability to beneficiaries.
- International experience with an NGO or INGO.
- Experience implementing foreign funded government projects or private CSR.
Beneficial but not required:
- Written and oral fluency in Area specific language.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to apply directly at: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/regional-program-specialist-meal