HMIS Senior Advisor, USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health Activity, Zambia
The upcoming five-year USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract is a monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The key objectives include the following:
- Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
- Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
SI is seeking a full-time HMIS Senior Advisor to propose on our team and provide technical leadership to the eventual USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract. This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The HMIS Senior Advisor will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
****Please note: This is a local only position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered. **
The HMIS Senior Advisor directly reports to the DCOP in activity implementation and management. The Advisor will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information. The expert technical advice provided will be used by the COP to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and non-government partners.
- A Master’s degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
- At least eight years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other internationally funded programs
- At least four years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- USAID experience preferable
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.