Deputy Chief of Party - Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium brings more than 50 years of experience applying rigorous, evidence-led methodologies to international development. Our work covers health, education, economic growth, governance, environmental issues, informatics, workforce development, and monitoring and evaluation, offering innovative approaches that support the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of development programs. Our presence extends across more than 90 countries, creating positive impact over 100 projects through the dedication of 2,000+ project and home office staff. Palladium seeks a vibrant and dynamic DCOP who is passionate about managing a large, exciting USAID/Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness and West Africa Trade Hub project. The technical focus will be on: private sector engagement, agriculture, trade and regulatory reform as well as investment promotion and access to finance. The goals of this project are to develop private sector partnerships with agribusinesses in order transform agriculture value chains in Nigeria and West Africa.
- Supports the COP with providing day to day project management and technical or operations support.
- Provides leadership/oversight for finance, operations and administration of the program.
- Supports the adaptive management approach, and work with staff, home office and USAID to adjust programmatic approach, staffing and resources if required based on continuous monitoring of the program course.
Directly supervises Senior Leadership Team members, who oversee and manage major work streams/departments including: value chain development, private sector engagement, enterprise and markets development, agriculture policy reform and general USAID contract management.
Prior USAID Deputy, Deputy Chief of Party experience strongly preferred.
A master's degree in business, management, agricultural science, economics, marketing, trade or other relevant graduate degree
10 years or more of progressively responsible work experience leading teams and managing development programs.
- Prior experience in Nigeria is required.
- Fluency in English is required; French preferred.
- Substantial management experience and knowledge of project management, private sector development, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: agriculture, enterprise and agribusiness, public private partnerships, market linkages, agriculture/rural finance, women's empowerment preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted teams and solve problems when needed.
- Excellent communications skills.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWx5Y2lhLldpdGhlcnNwb29uLjM3NjQ4LjM4MzBAcG...