Director of Communications - Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium seeks a Director of Communications for anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness and West Africa Trade Hub. The goal of this project is to create develop transformative private sector partnerships with agribusinesses in order transform agriculture value chains in Nigeria and West Africa. Additional technical areas on the project may include investment promotion, access to finance, policy/regulatory reform and trade facilitation. Palladium seeks to fill the following position:
- Supports project activities related to agriculture, nutrition and behavior change messaging and outreach
- Supports the development of project deliverables, including coordinating information gathering for weekly, quarterly, annual reports and annual work plans, one-pagers, reports, etc. Contributes to the sections of deliverables related to M&E and Communications
- Ensures appropriate branding and marking for all communications tools
- Oversees the design and implementation of all tools to effectively communicate project activities and results, (i.e. website, videos, visual images, Investment Mapping System (IMS), press releases, flyers, etc.)
- Maintains project library of all communications tools, photos and events in a digital format
- Conducts media relations for the project, including targeted publicity for project activities and responses to queries from press. Writes press releases, organizes press conferences, schedules interviews for spokespersons for the project, etc.
- Oversees gathering of all news for digital clipping booklet highlighting the work of the project and partners
- Maintains a close and collaborative relationship with USAID and the U.S. Embassy teams on all outreach and communications efforts
- Supports development of project events and workshops in collaboration with project teams
All other duties deemed necessary, including support to the Chief of Party as required
Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism or a related field. Master's degree preferred
Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in communications required
Knowledge of the full range of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies essential to planning and executing effective campaign strategies and programs, e.g. media operations, marketing and promotion, audience outreach, message targeting
- Experience in international development and understanding and knowledge of USAID or donor organizations a plus
- Knowledge of website development and design is preferred
- Ability to manage and satisfy competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Strong communications and writing skills are required
- Fluency in English required
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=QWx5Y2lhLldpdGhlcnNwb29uLjkxODU1LjM4MzBAcG...