Health Promoter Program Manager
The Health Promoter Program Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Health Promoter program in Puerto Rico. Oversight will include program development and management, Health Promoter recruitment and placement, interaction with local, regional and national officials as required, and maintenance of relationships with donors and other NGOs involved with the project.
The Program Manager will lead all aspects of the project. This role will ensure that Heart to Heart International (HHI) adheres to local and regional regulations relevant to the program, including best practice standards for Health Promoters.
The Program Manager will work with HHI Programs, Resource Development, Logistics, Operations and Finance to ensure coordination of all activities in accordance with HHI operating policy and procedure. This position is an integral team member of HHI, helping to support the growth of HHI’s humanitarian services operations.
Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of best practice standards for Health Promoter programs.
Demonstrates an ability to plan and adhere to timelines and budgets.
Demonstrates an understanding of Measurement and Evaluation (M&E) and submits quarterly progress reports for the Health Promoter program.
Creates and reports on relevant quality assurance monitors and quality improvement activities as appropriate.
Involves a network of peers and professional organizations to participate in development, execution and management of HHI program strategy.
Keep abreast of recent developments in the training and utilization of Health Promoters in rural communities.
Provides operational guidance, oversight and leadership for the Health Promoter program, including:
* Recruitment – determine how and from where a Health Promoter is identified, selected and assigned to a community.
* Training – assist in development of an appropriate curriculum to prepare the Health Promoter and ensure the necessary skills, including ongoing training through continuing education.
* Supervision - supportive supervision at the appropriate level, through feedback, coaching, problem solving, skill development and data review.
* Documentation – implement appropriate documentation and information management, including how the Health Promoter documents visits, how data flows to the health system and how data is used for service improvement.
* Linkage to Health Systems – ensure appropriate linkage of Health Promoters to the larger health system through involvement in recruitment, training, incentives, supervision, evaluation and use of data.
* Program Performance Evaluation – evaluation of performance against targets, overall program objectives and indicators carried out at regular intervals.
Attend conferences, workshops and seminars for professional growth. Present at local, regional, national and international professional meetings about HHI’s mission and activities.
- Ability to work independently
- Enjoys working in a team environment and is supportive of colleagues.
- Integrity, credibility, commitment and a high level of interest in HHI’s mission; a proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the Program Director, the responsibility for the Health Promoter program.
- Commitment to mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team of staff with the foresight and ability to delegate appropriately.
- Keen analytic and problem-solving skills which allow for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience in effectively communicating key data to stakeholders.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required. Other foreign language skills a plus.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a mature individual with a minimum of five (5) years of management experience.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree, Masters preferred. Degree can be in a variety of applicable fields encompassing business or public health.
Must successfully pass a health and drug screen.
Experience with healthcare in resource poor settings, both international and domestic.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to HumanResources@hearttoheart.org
Job Code: RW-HPPM-0118