Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Grant Manager. The Grant Manager will plan and implement the rollout of grants in Asia Pacific National Offices/projects. This individual will help assure accountability and oversight for all bilateral and multilateral grants finances in Asia Pacific Offices.
Lastly, he/she will work within the Area structure to ensure capacity building and training of staff in Asia Pacific offices to ensure proper management and compliance with grant requirements, grant financial reporting, grant audit and monitoring, and facilitate a zero 'administrative-findings & questioned-cost' status in the Area. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
Monitor Grant Compliance and Set Up Grant Management System in the Area
- Work closely with area and national offices staff on grant management issues in the area.
- Develop policies, procedures, and tools to manage multilateral and bilateral grants according to donor requirements.
- Review grants proposals and budgets to ensure appropriate costs are included and to determine the level of financial support and capacity needed for implementation.
- Ensure accountability and compliance for bilateral and multilateral grants in the area.
- Oversee the grant reporting in the Area to ensure compliance with approved policies and procedures including allocations and allowances.
- Track expenses vs. budgets and advise management about possible over/under expenditure and ways of solving the problem including budget revisions and (no) cost extensions if needed.
- Design and develop grant management database and filing system.
- Design and develop grant monitoring systems which will provide timely and periodic reports to grantors and which will be able to identify problems that grantees are encountering in implementing their grant activities.
- Perform a full range of consultative, advisory, monitoring, information gathering, evaluation and analysis in grant management area.
- Act as the point person in the area with HQ and donor agency on issues related to grant management.
Assist, Train and Monitor Implementation in Offices
- Prepare training and resource materials and provide training related to grant management to Area and National Office staff.
- Ensure all grant handling staffs are properly trained on grant requirements for programs they are working on.
- Track Compliance on Grant Issues & Grant Audit Findings
- Coordinate with NO audit functions, regional finance functions and HFHI GCDR group to assure there is follow-up and implementation of grant audit recommendations.
- Work on initiatives to address most frequent audit findings and accountability issues related to USAID and other grants.
- Ensure that the project grants are executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the grant agreement.
- Assist in recruitment and selection of properly qualified grant finance staff in the area.
- Work on initiatives to build up the number of qualified grant finance staff/grant accountants in Asia Pacific.
- Provide support for finance function of HFH National Organizations and Branches in the area as needed.
- Participate in and/or leads area and global workgroups focused on grant management policies and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and experience with major donor agencies such as USAID, EU, DFID preferred.
- Knowledge of Development work preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, internal control systems, Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) and Government Auditing Standards.
- Experience with financial report preparation.
- Experience with budget preparation/compilation.
- Experience with information systems support.
- At least 5 years hands on accounting experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and experience working with several different accounting software packages especially SunSystems required.
- International experience required.
- Training experience required.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information.
- Strong Communication skills – both oral and written.
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues with National Offices.
- Ability to develop and lead appropriate training program in grant compliance.
- Requires a high level of organizational and management skills. Must also have a proven track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring, supervising a large pool of staff in a decentralized environment.
- Ability to address issues and effect change through persuasion and diplomacy.
- Must have ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Travel to national offices will be a requirement to review grants compliance, conduct trainings, pre-audits etc.
- Fluency in English.
- Servant Leadership: Model servant leadership and motivate other leaders, staff members, beneficiaries and volunteers in following the vision of HFH.
- Demonstrate and articulate the love and teachings of Jesus.
- Christ and ensure that Habitat Asia-Pacific core values permeate the projects at all levels.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to apply directly at : https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/grant-manager