Business-to-business and small and medium enterprise technical experts
Chemonics seeks business-to-business (B2B) platform leads, small and medium enterprise (SME) capacity leads, and SME investment leads for an anticipated USAID-funded project to integrate SMEs into global value chains in Vietnam. These professionals will assist in establishing and supporting a B2B platform – a modern, public, multifaceted, and multilingual website that serves as an information clearinghouse for business opportunities available to SMEs in Vietnam – and facilitate development of research products for Foreign Invested Enterprises-SME transactions. They will work within a dynamic team environment surrounded by thought leaders with expertise in economic growth and micro-, small, and medium enterprise development best practices. They will be based in Ho Chi Minh City and will report to the deputy chief of party, also based in HCMC. Vietnamese nationals are encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work with private sector partners to establish and support a B2B platform, which will include research products that could help facilitate foreign invested enterprises (FIE)-SME transactions such as demand mapping and supplier capacity diagnostics
- Assist local partners in developing and scaling up supply chain linkage capacity development activities, including but are not limited to education activities and business training sessions to build SME skills and capacities
- Analyze the investment landscape, identify potential investors, and organize investment matchmaking opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business management, market systems, international trade, trade policy, or a related field required; master’s degree highly desirable
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in business management, private sector development, regional integration, regulatory reforms, or related experience
- Minimum five years professional experience in Vietnam; extensive knowledge of Vietnamese business groups, trade facilitations and associations preferred
- Knowledge or experience with e-commerce preferred for the B2B lead
- Demonstrated supervising teams to achieve contractual objectives and collaborating with various stakeholders and counterparts
- Ability to travel throughout Vietnam
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese required
Please submit electronic submissions of CV and cover letter to VietnamSMERecruitment@chemonics.com by February 1, 2018. Please include “B2B Lead,, “SME Capacity Lead,” and/or “SME Investment Lead” in the subject line as appropriate. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.