Business-to-business and small and medium enterprise technical facilitators
Chemonics seeks business-to-business (B2B) platform facilitators, small and medium enterprise (SME) capacity facilitators, and SME investment facilitators for an anticipated USAID-funded project to integrate SMEs into global value chains in Vietnam. In collaboration with private sector IT and trade facilitation partners, the facilitators will support the development or customization of a B2B platform -- a modern, public, multifaceted, and multilingual website that serves as an information clearinghouse for business opportunities available to SMEs in Vietnam -- and support research products within the platform that facilitate foreign invested enterprises (FIE)-SME transactions. They will work within a dynamic team environment surrounded by thought leaders with expertise in economic growth and micro-, small, and medium enterprise development best practices. The positions will be based in Ho Chi Minh City and will report to the technical leads based in Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnamese nationals are encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- With private sector IT and trade facilitation partners, support the development or customization of a B2B platform, which will include research products to facilitate foreign invested enterprises (FIE)-SME transactions such as demand mapping and supplier capacity diagnostics
- Support the development and scaling up of supply chain linkage capacity development activities to ensure they are reaching appropriate SMEs, including but not limited to education activities and business training sessions to build SME skills and capacities
- Identify SMEs for potential investment and build capacity of SMEs to facilitate investment readiness
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business management, finance, market systems, international trade, trade policy, or a related field required; master's degree highly desirable
- Minimum four years of professional experience in business management, private sector development, regional integration, regulatory reforms, or a related experience
- Minimum two years of professional experience in Vietnam; extensive knowledge of Vietnamese business groups, trade facilitations, and associations preferred
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with various stakeholders and counterparts
- Ability to travel throughout Vietnam
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent Vietnamese and intermediate English required
Please submit electronic submissions of CV and cover letter to VietnamSMERecruitment@chemonics.com by February 1, 2018. Please include "B2B Platform Facilitator", "SME Capacity Facilitator", and/or "SME Investment Facilitator" in the subject line as appropriate. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.