Head of IT (30%), Professional volunteer position
The Centre for Women in the Himalayas is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious association based in Geneva, Switzerland. The Centre for Women in the Himalayas which aims at improving the lives of women and girls in the most isolated regions. Women form the very backbone of rural communities in the Himalayas. Therefore, the Centre is a platform for enabling, knowledge-building, knowledge-sharing and learning aimed at empowering women in the Himalayan areas. It promotes gender-inclusive development practices by all stakeholders in the Himalayan region. Currently, the Centre is looking for ∶
Head of IT
Professional volunteer position
Mission and Activities
● Take a leading role in the planning and design of the web based software tools and infrastructure used by the management system,
● Devise and establish IT policies and systems to contribute to the implementation and validation of the software tools needed according to management,
● Provide support for the users of the system to ensure problems are fixed as soon as possible and new features are provided as resources allow,
● Support the servers running in the services for the systems and identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new system and report to the management,
● Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency,
● Coordinate with IT specialists and other professionals to provide guidance,
● Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost efficient contracts.
● MSc in computer science, engineering or relevant field,
● Good knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware /software system and networks,
● Good organizational and communication skills,
● Fluency in French and English, spoken and written,
● Interest in the Himalayan region and people,
● Evidence of good analytical and problem solving skills,
● Ability to network effectively, with the ability to develop a wide range of relevant contacts,
● Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team,
● Good knowledge of and affinity with the Himalayas are a definite asset.
The Centre for Women in the Himalayas offers
● The opportunity to play an active role in bettering the life of vulnerable populations in the Himalayas.
● Working in an enthusiastic, motivated and cohesive team.
● The opportunity to work with a high degree of autonomy, a great sense of responsibility, and a spirit of initiative.
● Rewarding NGO experiences.
Duration and work time: Minimum 12 months at 30% or more
Location: Weekly presence at Geneva office; partially home-based work
Application process: Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref. HIT
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This part-time, long-term volunteer position is not paid and an applicant must have right to volunteer in Switzerland
We thank all those who apply, however, only short listed candidates will be contacted. mily:"Noto