Head, Corporate Mobile Solutions
Position Title : Head, Corporate Mobile Solutions
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 January 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
External female candidates.
As part of IOM digital transformation and to ensure Migrants have easy access to secure, pertinent and comprehensive information using their mobile devices, ICT is establishing a mobile development platform to create systems of engagement for beneficiaries and the IOM staff. The platform will allow the organization to leverage on the fast growth of mobile technology to deliver products and services for staff and people on the move.
Under the direct supervision of IOM’s Chief Information Officer, and in close collaboration with representatives from relevant divisions at IOM Headquarters, Regional Offices and Country Offices, the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall development and management of IOM Mobile development platforms and projects for internal and external applications (apps).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Design, implement and manage the overall mobile development platform and corporate mobile apps and be responsible for its financial, administrative, and technical implementation and monitoring, in compliance with IOM policies and standards, as well as donor requirements.
Develop and maintain work plans, implementation strategies, and expenditure plans to ensure timely implementation and achievement of project activities and results.
Design and implement a structure to support the demand for new mobile apps. Identify, select and ensure the availability of necessary support and authorize the use of internal and external resources.
Coordinate and manage all activities at the global level and in target countries, if applicable. Provide direction, leadership, technical advice and guidance, monitoring and oversight support to participating IOM offices and divisions, in close coordination with and with the support of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) department.
In collaboration with the other divisions and team, ensure the development of roadmap and the production of mobile applications with an emphasis on efficiency of exchanges and corresponding program delivery.
Advise and support Regional Offices, Country Offices, departments and divisions to develop roadmaps related to mobile apps, and ensure compatibility with the IOM mobile enterprise platform and other institutional solutions.
Regularly review and consult with the Director of ICT on the overall direction and strategy of the mobile development platform and projects for effectiveness, coherence and integrity, and work to build linkages and synergies with other IOM projects and programmes, where relevant.
Select and recruit staff and/or consultants to carry out project activities, in close coordination with the Director of ICT and relevant IOM Division Heads. Supervise staff and consultants assigned to the project.
Lead the effort to mobilize resources for all corporate mobile projects, in close cooperation with ICT and other relevant partners. Establish and maintain effective communication channels with project stakeholders, including existing and potential partners.
Conduct a technical review of existing initiatives that offer related or similar services within the technology domain. Define the process of risk management for the apps and prepare a risk management plan, in coordination with internal stakeholders.
Identify obstacles to the smooth implementation of the project, devise solutions, take action and consult the ICT Department and relevant HQ units in a timely manner.
Prepare project reports and ensure timely submission, in line with project requirements and IOM procedures and standards. Prepare regular briefings, summaries, press releases and other relevant information materials, as required.
Develop and implement a visibility/marketing and communications strategy when launching news mobile apps.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• Eight years of professional experience;
• Knowledge of IOM and the global migration context;
• Strong technical understanding of cloud technology and services, security, and mobile technologies;
• Demonstrated experience with project development and liaison with private sector stakeholders, UN agencies and international cooperating partners;
• Demonstrated experience in project coordination and management;
• Strong management, leadership and facilitation skills;
• High level of competent in use of computer resources.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 24 January 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 11.01.2018 to 24.01.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/14 (P) - Head, Corporate Mobile Solutions (P4) - Geneva, Switzerland (55312116) Released
Posting: Posting NC55312161 (55312161) Released