ICT OFFICER – 05/18
Windle International - Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a non-profit organization with a mission to transform society through Education and Training. WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced. We are working with communities in Turkana West, Turkana North and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
We are currently partnering with War Child Canada with funding from the MasterCard Foundation to implement the ‘Quality Secondary Education for Refugee Youth Project’ in Kenya and Uganda. Working in Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya, the project will enhance the secondary school teachers’ skills’ for improved student learning outcomes using a blended teacher training approach.
Windle International - Kenya is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of ICT Officer based in Kakuma.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The ICT Officer will be responsible for ongoing support on installation and maintenance of equipment for purposes of the blended teacher training in Kakuma.
S/He will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the process of equipping the computer laboratories for successful delivery of online modules
- Provision of relevant digitized curriculum content to targeted secondary schools in liaison with project staff
- Ensuring timely procurement of required equipment to target schools and promotion of the adoption of ICT in curriculum implementation in schools.
- Installing and maintaining hardware, software and networks necessary for successful implementation of the project
- Ensuring networks are running efficiently and effectively
- Managing computer resources by maintaining an up to date IT register
- Providing administrative services and technical support for all networked workstations
- Ensuring all users adhere to network security standards
- Participating in engagements with partner universities on connectivity and online platform issues experienced by teachers and providing technical and contextual information for purposes of resolving any challenges experienced.
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with LAN, WAN, VSAT technologies
- Mastery of office software (MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Well versed in operating IT equipment
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills
Qualified Candidates should submit their résumé with a covering letter and copies of certificates quoting the reference number 05/18 to: email@example.com OR Human Resource Department, Windle International - Kenya, P O Box 40521-00100 on or before Monday 22nd January 2018.
All soft copy application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Windle International - Kenya’s selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse