Strategic Projects Advisor
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI's Goal: The Prevention of Unwanted Births and its mission of ensuring the individual's right to: Children by Choice Not Chance.
To contribute to the fulfilment of MSI's mission by providing strategic direction and project management of investments from one of the organisation's largest donors.
The Strategic Projects Advisor manages a project portfolio delivered across a range of countries funded by one of MSI's largest donors (a private foundation). Working closely with the International Operations, Medical Development and Technical Services Teams, the Strategic Projects Advisor will coordinate and advise on these projects including project set-up, monitoring, and supporting country programme implementation. The Strategic Projects Advisor will play a critical role in donor relationship management including effective and timely reporting and serve as an important internal resource and 'donor champion'. This is an exciting and internally high-profile role that requires excellent financial analysis skills, strong communication and facilitation skills, analytical and problem solving skills, excellent ability to work across teams to deliver results, and great attention to detail. The Strategic Projects Advisor will be a member of the Strategic Programme team.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Significant work experience at a comparable agency or organisation essential (such as an international NGO, donor agency, or private foundation). Previous senior level country programme implementation experience desirable
- Proven experience in successfully managing and supporting projects
- Proven experience of providing advice/technical assistance
- Strong finance management experience including budgeting, budget tracking and analysing financial performance.
- Proven experience working cross-team, generating consensus and support from multiple internal stakeholders, and leading people through complex processes.
- Understanding of the sexual and reproductive health and family planning fields desirable
- Clinical background desired
- Business level French and English is required.
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
In addition, you will have the right to work in one of the countries in the West Africa region and be pro-choice an children by choice & not chance
Location: West Africa Region - Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone
Closing date: 21st January 2018 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates
Salary: competitive local salary. Please note, this is not being offered as an international assignment
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=am9icy4yODI0OS4zODMwQG1hcmllc3RvcGVzLmFwbG...