National Disability Specialists, Performance Evaluation on USAID’s “Whole of Project Evaluation – Disability," USAID/Vietnam
National Disability Specialists, Performance Evaluation on USAID’s “Whole of Project Evaluation – Disability,” USAID/Vietnam
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2014, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide monitoring, evaluation and survey services support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Vietnam (VEMSS). In January 2018, VEMSS will support USAID/Vietnam to conduct an evaluation of “USAID Disability Project". This project was built on the foundation of past USAID assistance for persons with disabilities, and focuses on improving quality of life and inclusion of persons with disabilities by improving disability policy, advocacy, and coordination, and strengthening the caliber and availability of physical, occupational, and speech therapy services. The Vietnam Disability Project is a significant component of USAID/Vietnam’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS)
MSI is seeking for national disability specialists that will serve as a full team member and will perform specific tasks assigned by the Team Leader to collect, synthesize, and triangulate existing data/information from both the project and activity levels to identify additional data collection needed during the fieldwork phase.
The evaluation team will conduct a comprehensive literature review of pertinent documents including studies and assessments on disability in Vietnam; GVN strategies and plans related to persons with disabilities; and USAID project and activity documents.
The successful candidate will have experience designing and implementing the mixed methods evaluations of international development programs for USAID or donor agencies.
This position requires 5-6 weeks of work in Vietnam beginning in Mid-March 2018 and will be based in Hanoi, with some travel to provincial areas.
● Conduct a literature review and summarization.
● Contribute to the design of WOPE.
● Participate in field visits and stakeholder consultations.
● Provide expert analysis of the program’s operations and performance.
● Contribute to report writing.
● A degree in public health, social work or other field related to disabilities programming, and at least 5-10 years of experience in disabilities programming.
● Knowledge of USAID programs and context is highly desirable or, alternatively experience with similar programs managed by other donors, or work with relevant GVN programs.
● A strong understanding of the challenges facing such programs in Vietnam or Southeast Asia.
● Experience in program evaluation and knowledge of how to conduct surveys, key informant interviews and focus group discussions; experience and understanding of policy development, capacity building and/or training initiatives and approaches to strengthen government ownership will be an advantage.
● In-depth knowledge and experience in gender mainstreaming is an advantage
● Strong English language and writing skills are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.