RESEARCH REPORTING OFFICER IN GENEVA
IMPACT / REACH
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian think tank, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative, which was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in research design; data collection, management and analysis; GIS and remote-sensing. For more information visit: www.impact-initiatives.org and www.reach-initiative.org.
We are currently looking for a Research Reporting Officer to support the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.**
Position: Research Reporting Officer
Supervisor: Senior Research Reporting Officer
Contract: Open ended
Start date: ASAP
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The Research Reporting Officer will be part of the IMPACT Research department, under the supervision of the Senior Research Reporting Officer. The Research Reporting Officer will be responsible for reviewing, editing and finalizing information products such as reports, situation overviews and fact sheets.
- Verify and support the validation of all IMPACT / REACH research products.
- Review products to ensure results are reported accurately, consistently and in line with research terms of reference and data collection tools, in close liaison with country team and HQ as appropriate.
- Review products to ensure that narratives are coherent and clearly outlined; that research questions are addressed; and key indicators adequately visualized.
- Provide constructive, clear and concise feedback to product drafters.
- When requested, directly draft written outputs (reports, factsheets, profiles etc.) based on data collected from field teams.
- When requested, conduct reviews of secondary data to complement, verify and triangulate primary data.
- Ensuring that the output production stages in all research cycles, both at global and country level, comply with IMPACT / REACH procedures and guidelines
- Tracking IMPACT/REACH research cycles progress and schedules in liaison with other IMPACT/REACH HQ departments and country offices
- Report internally on updates about research cycles and related information products, on a weekly and monthly basis
- Liaise with Grant Management and Communication focal points for project and communication follow ups
- Provide additional information and support as and when required.
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master degree in relevant discipline (International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Research, Economics, Anthropology, Assessment, or similar)
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting in English
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, good working knowledge in Excel and basic knowledge in InDesign
- Demonstrated quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills
- Good understanding of data visualization best practices.
- Familiarity with the humanitarian aid system
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work
- Openness to feedback and willingness to learn.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a fast paced, results oriented working environment.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative, and strong capacity to work in intercultural team
- Experience in assessments, monitoring & evaluations, especially in field research settings in an international context
- Working knowledge with Adobe Software package (Illustrator, Tableau, InDesign).
- Fluency in French.
- Knowledge of other research and analysis related software such as R, SPSS, STATA, NVIVO, Atlas-ti, etc.