STREET CHILD OF LIBERIA
Organisation: Street Child of Liberia, part of the International Street Child Group
Location: Monrovia, with frequent travel throughout Liberia
Deadline: Friday 26th January 2018, 1700 GMT
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
About Street Child of Liberia
Street Child of Liberia (SCOL) was registered as a Liberian NGO in 2013 and works in partnership with UK registered charity, Street Child UK and Sierra Leone partner organisation, Street Child of Sierra Leone (SCoSL). Together the Street Child Group has been working to give out of school children the opportunity to gain an education since 2008.
SCoL creates educational opportunities for Liberia’s most vulnerable children through education, child protection and livelihoods programs. We support the most vulnerable groups: street-connected children, slum-dwellers, children in remote, rural communities, and girls to access a quality education. We do this through programs of teacher training and school improvement, and individually tailored packages of social work and livelihoods support for individual households to support their children in education.
Street Child of Liberia is a leading national NGO undergoing significant expansion. Currently we have 50 Liberian staff, with primary operations in Monrovia and field stations in Maryland, Margibi and Grand Cape Mount, with further plans to expand nationwide. To date, we have received funding from DfID, Comic Relief, the Liberian government’s flagship Partnership Schools for Liberia program, Geneva Global and several other private and national funders.
Street Child believes that strong leadership is the foundation for growth of any organisation. With most of its programs set to expand and in the light of several exciting new opportunities, Street Child is now seeking to recruit a visionary leader. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, high impact NGO and lead the development and growth of one of Liberia’s foremost national organisations.
What Are We Looking For
The senior management provides overall leadership and strategic direction in line with Street Child’s values, principles and priorities. Over the next 3-6 months, Street Child is looking for an experienced and visionary leader to set the foundation for the organisation’s continued growth and improvement.
We are inviting excellent candidates with the following skills and experience to apply. A minimum of two references will be required, and all references will be checked. We may also consider applicants for head of programmes with similar experience to the below.
Experiences and Competencies
· Experience of large-scale program implementation and management at a senior level in education, child protection and/or livelihoods. Successful candidates will have experience of managing multiple donor programs with excellent results;
· Proven experience of leading teams of staff, with demonstrable commitment to performance management
· Ability to plan human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets – and knowing how to identify and address challenges and risks related to implementation in a timely and flexible manner;
· Proven ability to provide strategic leadership in the design and implementation of programs, particularly planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation in line with the standards and expectations of donors;
· Proven experience in creation of timely and high-quality reports and work plans – experience with project management tools such as logframes is an advantage;
· Proven ability to attract and steward new funding and in-kind resources from national and international sources;
· Experience of NGO representation at the highest level, and developing and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with representatives from the Government and other implementing and collaborating partners;
· Ability to represent the organisation both internally and externally to other donors, stakeholders, implementing partners and government counterparts
Qualifications and Skills
· At least 10 years of relevant leadership experience. More than 3 years leading a Senior Management Team with demonstrated ability to develop strategy and results;
· A resourceful, entrepreneurial approach to budgeting – mindful of the need to balance high standards with the imperative of stretching resource envelopes as far as possible;
· A Master’s degree in Education, International Development, NGO Management or related field;
· Excellent understanding of the Liberian context, preferably the Liberian education system, and strong awareness of key development issues / trends at national and international level;
· Strong management and inter-personal skills, with proven understanding of NGO management and governance;
· Ability to work easily with national and international colleagues alike, and a professional commitment to transparency and accountability;
· A passionate commitment to the vision of seeing children in Liberia realising their basic rights.
Applications: Send CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
(Note: Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found.)
Question about the position, please contact Hans Christian Johansen at firstname.lastname@example.org