Regional Coordinator, Eastern and South East Europe
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Regional Coordinator for Eastern / South East Europe implements activities and new initiatives aimed at strengthening TI’s presence, reputation and impact in assigned countries where s/he is the primary TI-S contact. Working with other Regional Coordinators, s/he represents TI in regional institutions, supports Chapters’ work/representation at national and regional level, monitors political developments, identifies reputational risks, coordinates capacity development and advocacy interventions, and ensures implementation of the Accreditation Policy.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Team: Specialist Advisors
Job grade: III
- First contact point for TI National chapters in the Western Balkans, Eastern and South East Europe, Israel and Turkey
- Monitor the political situation, anti-corruption developments, reputational risks and media opportunities in assigned countries and provide locally relevant anti-corruption insights to internal and external stakeholders
- Engage in Chapters’ national level advocacy work while being able to respond to direct enquires from individuals
- Support Chapters in capacity building, fundraising and developing joint initiatives
- Promote and support all aspects of capacity development, citizen engagement, knowledge exchange and governance in the assigned Chapters, including both the overseeing of possible regional projects and Chapters’ own initiatives in these areas
- Identify, assess and develop potential new TI Chapters and partners (especially in Albania and Croatia)
- Take active part in media work and interviews at national and regional level, and represent TI in regional institutions and fora
- Work closely with the Project Management team and other teams (e.g. Grand Corruption, Public Demand for Accountability) to build and sustain Chapters’ ownership and participation in programs/projects in which they engage
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Postgraduate university degree or professional qualification in social science, public policy or administration, journalism, international law, management, economics or another relevant field
- 4/5+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with in-depth knowledge and experience in the region (EU members), working on issues of good governance, public sector reforms, social development, international development, institutional capacity development and/or related issues
- Advanced skills in policy and political analysis
- Experience and knowledge of the region highly desired
- Knowledge of project management, including financial management, an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and deliver to tight deadlines, including ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities
- Excellent communication and networking skills with the ability to engage multi-stakeholders, make use of prior contacts and networks, stimulate and shape partnerships, networks and coalitions
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team, combined with a good sense of when to seek counsel
- Fluency in English required; additional languages (e.g. B/H/S) an asset
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption and ability to represent the organization to external stakeholders
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, RELIEFWEB) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 7 January 2018.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.