Youth Economic Opportunities Advisor
Creative is seeking a Youth Economic Opportunities Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Tunisia. The project is expected to apply a community-led approach to address youth and community needs and build community resilience. The activity will support communities in creating alternative pathways for youth through activities that intentionally engage youth within their communities to promote positive outcomes. The Youth Economic Opportunities Advisor will be responsible for supporting overall program implementation and activities by providing in-depth and conceptual input from an economic development lens with a Positive Youth Development approach to overall program strategy and work plans.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
- Strengthen feedback mechanisms between private employers and educational institutions;
- Sufficient public or private TVET and higher education institutions are strengthened to provide effective job matching and career development services in select communities;
- Job placement services effectively link job seekers with appropriate jobs;
- Higher education and TVET institutions provide technical training based on market demand; and
- Youth and their communities are aware of the job related services provided.
- Identify major workforce development skill shortfall areas and assist TVET and higher education institutions to develop new curricula to address gaps;
- Support in establishing additional career counseling centers and/or upgrading existing counseling centers to serve all regions;
- Engage youth and community stakeholders in outreach pertaining to workforce development opportunities to build relationships and trust;
Support the delivery of demand-driven vocational and soft skills to youth participants;
Identify locally-valued methods of demonstrating youth skills and certifications to employers and to build youth sense of self; and
Measure the quality of the match between graduates and employer expectations/needs.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Education, Human Resource Development, Organizational Behavior, Business, Economics, or other relevant field highly desired;
- Excellent track record of achieving improved employment outcomes in similar workforce development activities;
- Minimum five years of experience in workforce development in a developing country, including experience working with host country training or higher education institutions;
- Experience designing and delivering capacity development programs and service provision with business associations, MSMEs, and entrepreneurs; and
- Arabic fluency required and English fluency required.
Please apply on company website: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*29FB926...