Private Sector Engagement Consultancy, Angola
Job title: Private Sector Engagement Consultancy
Department: Southern Africa
Based in: Luanda, Angola
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
To lead private partnership development efforts for PSI Angola program through active engagement with multinational and Angolan private sector companies, national-level employers/businesses private foundations, and other prospective partners leading to increased reach, expansion and effectiveness of the PSI Angola programs.
This is a full time 1-year consultancy based in Luanda, Angola.
Proposed start date: February 15th, 2018.
- Identify the most promising opportunities for creating partnerships with private companies, foundations and other private sector actors in Angola and their corporate social responsibility programs,
- Working closely with Health for All program team, develop and execute engagement strategies for private public partnership in the areas of Malaria and Family planning. Engage private sector companies, including manufactures of FP and Malaria commodities, in programmatic activities, such as participations in the national working groups, commodities security meetings and other events.
- Prepare presentations, marketing materials, briefing papers, concept papers, proposals and budgets to successfully communicate with private sector. Provide all necessary support to the Senior Management to effectively negotiate these partnerships in a timely manner.
- Engage in networking forums/platforms of relevant private sector stakeholders, including foreign Chambers of Commerce, and other key enablers of cross-sector collaboration (i.e. universities, social entrepreneur networks etc.)
- Working closely with Women's Health Program team, develop and assist in executing strategies to better engage private sector health care providers in the provision of sexual and reproductive health services in the sustainable manner.
- Working closely with the Strategic development team, identify areas of expansion for the current distribution activities
- Lead PSI Angola strategic plan activities, in regard to Innovation Hub concept development and implementation
- Support marketing and communication team in developing and reviewing marketing and communication plans in regard to private sector engagement.
What are we looking for?
- Master's degree and 5+ years of experience in marketing/communications, business development and/or international development preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience in the corporate sector and/or business development. Familiarity with corporate social responsibility (CSR) field is desired. Experience with a multinational private company/corporation is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Portuguese is required.
- Familiarity with Angolan environment is desired. 3 year experience in Angola private sector field is preferred.
- Proven ability to prospect private sector partnership and follow-up on marketing leads, develop concept papers, proposals, and budgets, cultivate and maintain prospective relationships and negotiate partnerships.
- Strong interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international environment.
- Previous work on USAID projects is preferred, especially designing and successfully establishing and managing significant public-private partnerships.
- Proficient in the use of the full suite of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to travel internationally and locally as needed.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.