The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists with the aim of alleviating the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website ****http://maramfoundation.org/
Vacancy Ref. no: MF-HR/17-056 (position is open to Turkish citizens only)
Summary and organization relation
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) is responsible for the overall Turkey programme management starting from initial design up-to full hand-over. The SPO guide several mid-level programme staff and coordinates activities with the support of the admin and finance units. The SPO is expected to play a key role in donors, partners, and local authority relationship management. The SPO reports directly to the Foundation Executive Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Draft programme/ project proposal development, contractual agreements;
. Explore funding opportunities
· develops and reviews under the direct supervision of the ED the overall project work plans and budgets; provides guidance to the employees in their delivery of duties;
· provides technical guidance and oversight to the programme/ projects implementations.
· provides technical assistance and takes leadership in monitoring project activities to ensure implementation in a systematic and timely manner, to follow work plan targets, achieve technical requirements and complete deliverables in accordance with subproject agreements and budgets;
· draft different types of reports;
· responsible for ensuring Programme reporting inputs are submitted in a timely manner;
· day-to-day management of the department staff and consultants;
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· More than five years of relevant experience in an NGO sitting, including at least two years of experience in managerial level.
· Minimum Bachelor degree in a study area relevant such as political science, development studies, humanities, economics, business administration or related fields; post-graduate degree is preferred;
· Professional experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM);
· Familiarity with Syrian conflict and refugees issues;
· Networking and PR skills;
· Turkish and English languages are required, Arabic is an asset.
The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send CV via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 05-Jan-2018 and include the Vacancy Reference number in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.