Leadership and Governance Specialist
Chemonics seeks a leadership and governance specialist for Human Resources for Health 2030 (HRH2030). HRH2030 supports USAID/Washington and field missions in strengthening human resources for health to increase the accessibility, availability, acceptability, and quality of the health workforce needed to improve health outcomes and advance universal health coverage. HRH2030 is designed to 1) increase the performance and productivity of the health workforce; 2) increase the number, skill mix, and competency of the health workforce; 3) strengthen human resources for health and health systems strengthening leadership and governance capacity; and 4) increase the sustainability of investment in the health workforce. HRH2030 is implemented by Chemonics International. At the global level, consortium partners include Palladium, the University Research Company, ThinkWell, American International Health Alliance, Amref Health Africa, and Open Development. HRH2030 is in the process of beginning program activities in the Philippines. In support of the Philippines Department of Health's (DOH) goal for human resources for health — that is, an "Adequate number of health human resources at all levels with competence to deliver universal health care through the continuum of preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative health interventions" — HRH2030/Philippines will support to the DOH to strengthen the deployment, training, and management of a fit-for-purpose and practice health workforce to improve access to quality of family planning, maternal and child health, and tuberculosis services for vulnerable populations. This goal will be realized by achieving three main objectives: improving the skill sets, competency, and distribution of the health workforce at the primary level; strengthening human resources for health leadership, governance, and performance management; and improving the use of data for human resources for health decision-making at central and regional levels. The annual fixed-term contract for this position is renewable depending on performance, project priorities, and availability of funding.This position is based in Manila, Philippines. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others around the world.
- Work closely with the project director and DOH to develop and implement guidelines and tools to strengthen in-service training
- Enhance DOH health-workforce planning to align in-service training to licensure and continuing professional development
- Identify policy, training, and staffing constraints of the DOH at all levels to effectively mentor, supervise, and monitor the health workforce
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to address constraints of the DOH at all levels and, in turn, strengthen the monitoring, supervising, and mentoring of the health workforce
- Advanced degree in organizational development, public health, health economics, international development, or a related field preferred
- At least eight years of professional experience in health workforce development, organizational development, human resources for health, or leadership and governance for the health workforce
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, preferably on a USAID-funded project
- Demonstrated successful application of strategies and approaches to improve the governance and leadership of the health workforce preferred
- Experience working with or for the DOH in the field of leadership, management, and governance development preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/hrh2030_philippines_leadership_go.... Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.