Programme Assistant (NGOs/Partnership) SC5-HomsVA0141/2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 14 November 2017 till 28 November 2017
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Service Contract
Duration: Six months
Duty Station : Homs
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
· Receive, register, and print the invoices submitted by CPs of Homs FO.
· Process payment claims of CPs. Ensure the correct exchange rate is used.
· Track payments made to the CPs. Maintain the payment tracking sheet, prepare monthly status report, and flag any issues that require action.
· Perform bi-annual reconciliation of CP payments.
· Liaise closely with CO Finance on issues related to CP payments.
· Provide guidance and training to the SOs and CPs related to payment process.
· Translate documents related to NGO Partnership.
· Work on the preparation of the project proposals submitted to Homs FO, and follow up on the preparation of the FLAs.
· Support the CO on the preparation of the DD report for the new NGO willing to engage in implementing WFP programme in coverage area of Homs FO.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, book keeping, project management, or humanitarian assistance.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your CV in English
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.