Frontend Web and App Developer - Internship, Madrid
Relief Applications is looking for enthusiastic front end devs to join our growing web application team.
We are looking for engineers passionate about shaping the next generation of humanitarian developers and innovators. You will have a high degree of responsibility and ownership over the development of new features to improve and enhance mission-critical software applications.
We are a young European-based organisation serving the international humanitarian and development sectors (http://reliefapps.org). Founded in 2014, by an IT expert and an experienced humanitarian during the Red Cross response to the Haiyan (Yolanda) typhoon in the Philippines, we provide a variety of innovative services bridging humanitarian work and cutting-edge technology to disseminate new IT tools and significantly improve the efficiency of humanitarian organisations.
In this role, you must self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for front-end best practices, scalable architecture and quality user experiences.
Type of projects
We developed a platform (http://Emalsys.net) to help manage Emergency response rosters (ie. Respond to the need to deploy staff and volunteers after an earthquake) and find the right candidate for the right mission on the field.
We also develop customized apps, web platforms, and monitoring and evaluation tools for partners such as the United Nations, INGOs, the French Red Cross or the Start Network.
· Good English, written and spoken
· Have a passion for coding
· No 9-5 mentality (we value flexibility and passion), proactive and easy going attitude
· Objected Oriented Programming fundamentals and familiarity with a server-side language (Python preferred)
· Good knowledge of PHP, HTML5/CSS, JS/jquery, bootstrap – and framework MVC (Symphony)
o Nice to have: Angular, Ionic
· Able to learn to new technologies quickly
We use web and mobile technologies such as AngualrJs, Ionic, Grav, RESTfull API, Dependency Manager, versioning. We will also provide the necessary complementary trainings.
· Developing new features while incorporating feedback from team members and clients
· Maintaining and upgrading legacy components to modern development standards
· Collaborating with team members during design reviews to refine user experience
· Perform UI tests to optimize performance
· Exchange knowledge and support among internal teams
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Relief Applications offers gratification for the internship, Internship contract. We ideally need someone for 6 months, starting in January.
*Due to the nature of this position, only candidates legally eligible to work in the EU/EEA may apply.**
Please send your resume and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org