Title: Graphic Designer
Duration: 1 to 2 months
Start date: ASAP
Location: Geneva (Switzerland) - International Environment House
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. In addition to its assessment and organizational capacity-building programmes, carried out in partnership with several international and local actors, IMPACT manages two inter-agency initiatives, REACH and AGORA. REACH was created in 2010 to facilitate the development of information tools and products that enhance the capacity of aid actors to make evidence-based decisions in emergency, recovery and development contexts. AGORA was launched in 2016 to promote localized and integrated approaches to humanitarian action. IMPACT’s team is composed of over 400 staff, including 100 full-time international experts, as well as a roster of consultants, who are currently implementing over 50 programmes across Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe. For more information visit: http://www.impact-initiatives.org/
Under the functional supervision of IMPACT Deputy Executive Director and in close coordination with IMPACT’s HQ Communications and Programmes teams in Geneva, the Graphic Designer will support the improvement and further development of visibility materials and templates of products for IMPACT and its initiatives, REACH and AGORA.
1. Improve the graphic design of REACH/AGORA/IMPACT information product templates, to make them more effective and graphically attractive, including:
· Situation Overviews
2. Upgrade REACH/IMPACT/AGORA branding, including:
· Graphic Charters
3. Improve the graphic design of REACH/IMPACT/AGORA communications and visibility materials, including:
· Business Cards
· Outlook email signatures
· Activity Report
· Graphic visuals
· Power Point presentations
4. Actively support the development of the visual identity of the newly launched initiative AGORA:
· Improve or redesign the logo and banner
· Support the selection of the branding font
· Conceive a different design for reports and factsheets templates
· Develop additional graphic and visibility materials, as needed
5. Potentially support the graphic design of REACH/IMPACT/AGORA websites, as needed
6. If needed, provide basic graphic design training to relevant HQ staff
Perfect knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
Previous experience as graphic designer
Degree in relevant disciplines
The Graphic Designer will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to IMPACT and its partners, or collected during his/her assignment with IMPACT.
HOW TO APPLY
Application documents: Curriculum Vitae, two references and examples of graphic work already carried out, in particular for the non-profit sector if possible.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the reference in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.