Retail Logistics Consultant
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
WFP is cunenty operational in Somaliland, Puntand, Central, Benadir and South regions of Somalia with Area Offices (AO) established in Hargeisa, Bossaso, Galkayo, Mogadishu and Dolow respectively. Despite WFP being active in certain areas, parts of its operational areas are considered inaccessible or have intermittent accessibility to UN staff by the UNDSS. This restricts or limits he ability of WFP's staff to liaise directly with retailers and other retail supply chain actors in those areas.
The roles ofhe consultants are:
Gathering information on trade logistics capacity assessment on questionnaires developed by WFP and disseminate information to traders from WFP.
Supporting logistics operations activities.
· Visit districts (specified by WFP) and complete questionnaires provided by WFP.
· Gather supply chain/corridor alerts/report critical issues related about access and gaps of local transport capacity.
· Holding sensitization meetings for retailers and key stakeholders.
· Distribution of EOI (Expression of Interest) to retailers.
· Conducting shop visits for retailers who have expressed their interest to work with WFP in future.
· Accurate completion of retail identification checklist.
· Conducting capacity building of retailers as per WFP's instructions.
· Holding monthly retailer meetings as per WFP's instructions.
· Conducting retailer performance monitoring using questionnaire provided by WFP.
· Follow-up on identified issues with retailers at field level.
· Provide an overview of he total stock position in CP stores using available documentations i.e. stock cards and ledgers a cross check vs physical stock.
· Report any anticipated challenges about WFP airlift operations i.e. access to airfields, runway conditions and rains that may hinder the flow.
· Share operational issues, interaction, views feedback from stakeholders such as govt. officers, and partners and beneficiaries in regard to WFP operations and cluster.
· Share lessons learnt and best practices established for use in future WFP project activities.
· Weekly work plan of activities by district - for approval by WFP.
· Narrative report for each field mission.
· Qualitative data: Completed questionnaires by district as provided by WFP.
· Qualitative data: Macro supply chain assessment report (2-3 pages).
· Minutes for each meeting held with traders/stakeholders.
· Retail performance monitoring scores/qualitative inputs.
· Report on retailer meetings & Capacity strengthening acclivities.
· Weekly alerts on supply drain/supply corridors within your area of jurisdiction.
· Weekly situation snapshot for logistics operation activities using the template provided by WFP.
This role reports to the Head of Logistics who is based in the Area Office
This role does not have team management responsibility.
§ Bachelor's degree in Retail Logistics, Data collection.
§ Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Data Collection experience.
§ Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Mogadishu is an advantage.
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
· Existing presence in Somalia.
· Prior experience in data collection/analysis and survey activities.
· Background in trade and or logistics an added value.
· Availability/access to areas in question.
Bachelors Degree in any relevant discipline.
At least 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience.
Other relevant information:
To be advised. /body>