Reports and Proposals Writer
Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT) is a child protection organisation that works to keep children safe in families, preventing them from being trafficked, subjected to child labour and from ending up in orphanages. We collaborate locally and internationally with government, other organisations, and the Cambodian people to address the root causes of intergenerational poverty and build healthy, strong and resilient communities, in which children and families can thrive
Position: Reports and Proposals Writer
Location: Battambang, Cambodia
The Reports Writer, functioning as an integral part of the CCT Communications Team, is a generalist position that is responsible for working with the Fundraising Manager, CCT Directors, and Program Managers and various stakeholders to develop and deliver documentation, reports and analyses regarding the work of CCT for our internal and external stakeholders, funders, partners, and the general public.
The Reports Writer will also be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process, management of proposals, and the donor database.
Key deliverables of the role will include:
- Identify relevant grant opportunities and corporate funding opportunities that CCT is eligible for as a local Cambodian NGO
- Develop proposals and grant submissions for funding opportunities, including narratives and supporting documentation
- Develop project proposals and reports
- Produce communication materials for donors, volunteers and supporters.
- Develop organizational documents and informative reading materials
- Create and Organize documents and reports in PDF and Power Point formats.
Important to the success of this role is your ability to work as part of a team, and to be proactive and responsive to the needs of different departments.
Education, skills and experience required include:
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or another relevant area OR equivalent working experience in a similar position
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Excellent organisational and editing skills
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge of, and experience with, writing informative project reports, donor reports, and accurate interim and annual reports
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, namely Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and changing environment, and meet strict deadlines
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with or knowledge of local and international NGOs and donors in Cambodia would be well regarded
- Experience working in a similar role in a developing country would be well regarded
- Must have the ability to work within a multicultural team
Building relationships with your team, CCT management, and CCT partners will be an essential part of this role and previous experience working within NGO’s would be very useful.
If you think that you meet the requirements of this position, and you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a great team, please forward your CV and a short cover letter outlining your relevant experience to:
We look forward to hearing from you!!