(Senior) Project Manager Yemen (m/f) for a new Inclusive Security Dialogue Project
The full-time position will be based in Berlin or Beirut, starting as soon as possible.
As (Senior) Project Manager Yemen you will be part of our MENA team and work closely with and report to our Programme Directors.
Main tasks of the position include:
- Develop, manage and supervise the implementation of a new inclusive security dialogue project in selected governorates in Yemen
- Co-writing project proposal and regular reports for donor(s) in collaboration with the project team
- Ensure communication with the Yemeni-based project team and supervise implementation of project activities
- Provide thematic and conceptual guidance to the project team, partners and project consultants
- Liaise with and brief main donors
- Supervise and monitor project implementation and ensure sound financial management and internal documentation system
- Contribute to fundraising for follow-up or related projects
- Proven track record in the management of projects in conflict areas (in the MENA region); min. experience of 5 years is mandatory
- Experience in conflict transformation or inclusive security approaches (community policing, rule of law)
- Experience with EU projects and regulations
- Strong facilitation & communication skills
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, law or political science
- Fluency in English and Arabic are essential
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong empathetic skills to work with unconventional and demanding conflict actors
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Regular travels in Europe and the MENA region will be required
- Curiosity, passion, flexibility and perseverance
The position will be based in Berlin or Beirut for a period of 24-36 months (depending on final approval by donors).
Please submit your CV and cover letter as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 30 November 2017 through our online application system: