Field Coordinator North West Syria – Amman/Gaziantep
ABOUT THE MISSION
Posted on: 13/10/2017
Desired start date: 01/12/2017
Duration of the mission: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Amman or Gaziantep
ABOUT THE MISSION
The mission counts 9 expatriates in Amman, 4 in NE Syria and a total of 70 national staff. The current total budget of the mission is approximately 3 500 000 USD.
The Syria Mission is managing WaSH, NFI and Food Security & Livelihood projects in the North West and North East of Syria. The Coordination is based in Amman (Jordan) and counts with a small office in Gaziantep (Turkey). In the North of Syria there is a base in A’zaz (Aleppo governorate), and in the North East, in Kobane and Ayn Isa (Raqqa governorate).
The NWS intervention is targeting A’zaz district through a WASH, Winterization and Food Security support to displaced population and host communities. The main activities are water trucking sup supply, construction and maintenance of sanitation facilities, infrastructures rehabilitation, waste removal services, distribution of hygiene kits & top ups and of emergency and new arrival shelter kits and hygiene promotion. For Food Security, the main activities are agriculture support and veterinary mobile clinics.
ABOUT THE POSITION
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Field Coordinator is the face of Solidarités International in his/her area of intervention. This position is particularly challenging in the North West Syria context due to the regional complexities it involves. It is thus very likely to be a remote management position with no access to intervention areas. Frequent displacements in Gaziantep will be required until registration in Turkey is granted, then the position will be based in Gaziantep.
Two scenarios are possible for the team under the responsibility of the Field Coordinator :
- The management team will be 100% (4 people) based in Amman to remotely manage the field teams
- The management team will be 50% based in Amman and 50% (program managers) based in Gaziantep (FC, log/admin manager)
The field team based in Syria (A’zaz district) in composed of 35 people approximately and has been working with SI for several years now.
- Coordination and strategic orientation
- Relevance and operational quality / operation monitoring
- Resource management
- Human resource management
- Financial backer relations / search for funding
- Internal and external communication
THE MAIN CHALLENGES OF THE POSITION ARE:
- Flexibility and adaptation depending on the evolution of the context
- Remote management of teams and operations
Security management in a volatile and violent context
- At least one previous experience as Field Coordinator
- Strong management skills
- Strong representation and coordination skills
- Security management in volatile and armed conflict environment
- Prior experience in remote management would be an asset
- To speak Levantine Arabic would be an asset
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website:http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Florent TURC, Recruitment & Follow-Up Officer
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension