Fondation Terre des hommes TDH : Field Coordinator - Ioannina, Greece
We are looking for our delegation in Greece for a
Location: Ioannina, Greece
Start date of post: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Deadline: Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is ongoing until the position is filled.
Swiss salaried contract 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Context: In 2015, 850 000 refugees arrived by sea to the Greek islands and by 1st December 2016 up to an additional 171 785 refugees entered Greece. The vast majority come from the world’s top ten refugee-producing countries, primarily from Syria 47%, Afghanistan 24% and Iraq 15%. The percentage of women and children arriving increased, with 58% in 2016 compared to 47% in 2015. Following the closure of borders throughout the Balkans (8 March 2016) and the implementation of the EU-Turkey Agreement (20 March), refugees arriving in Greece could not continue their journey towards Western Europe and more than 47 000 refugees are currently stranded in Greece.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) has started working in Greece since March 2016, first in Eidomeni, and then around Thessaloniki in emergency reception sites, providing notably NFI and protection/PSS support. Since September, Tdh through an ECHO funded project, seeks to deliver integrated services and support to children in Epirus region through provision of non-formal education for refugee children, youth and adults and targeted child protection services to the most vulnerable children and caregivers, including safe shelter. In May 2017, Tdh will start providing Psychosocial support activities in 3 sites in the Epirus region, with the aim of improving the wellbeing and strengthen the resilience of refugee children and their families through Child Friendly Spaces, Mother & Baby areas and provision of psychosocial activities for children, youth, parents-caregivers and targeted camps communities.
More information at: https://www.tdh.ch/en/our-interventions/greece
Main responsibilities :
The Field Coordinator reports to the Country Representative and is in charge of representing Tdh and of implementing Tdh projects in its geographical zone. S/he is responsible for staff management, finance and logistics, implementation of activities, program development and reporting, and security.
Function details :
Represent Tdh at field level
- Monitoring and supervising the overall partnerships relations of Tdh at field level
- Representation of Tdh with regional/local authorities, donors, and local and international NGOs/UN
- Participation in relevant regional and local official meetings to ensure coordination and visibility and in charge of donors/official/media visits
Coordinate Tdh strategy implementation at field level
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in the zone and relay information
- Analyze the context in the zone and develop strategic plans
- Lead at regional level and contribute to the design and update of the country strategy
- Lead fund-raising and negotiations with Donors in the area of intervention
Coordinate overall implementation of program at field level
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the programs at field level
- Ensure global coordination and complementarity amongst projects within the area of intervention
- Assess activities and ensure efficient use of resources
- Facilitate new project’s conception in collaboration with relevant colleagues
- Lead the application and adherence to contract terms and requirements
Oversee support services, procedures and reporting:
- Oversee drafting of projects and budget development
- Supervise overall financial commitments and financial risk.
- Ensure financial, HR, Admin and logistics procedures are followed
- Develop a reporting schedule with regard to Donor deadlines;
- Plan and supervise the development of narrative and financial reports;
- Ensure adherence to Tdh procedures.
- Report all relevant info to HQ and coordination team
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts), organise and lead coordination meetings and
- Evaluate the staff under his/her direct responsibility on a regular basis and pass on the evaluations and recommendations to the Head of Delegation
- Recruit and/or assist with the recruitment of local staff and coordinate the writing of the job vacancy descriptions
- Ensure the communication contract is implemented within his/her team(s) and project teams
- Create conditions for a good flow of operational information from delegation – field - delegation (verbal exchanges, e-mails, sitreps, reports,, etc.)
- Ensure overall compliance with the Tdh HR procedures and those of the country (fairness, transparency)
- Ensure and support the accountability of the national teams in a gradual process of delegation and nationalisation of managerial posts
- Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Greece.
- Insures, in coordination with the Logistician and with the support of the Country Representative, that Tdh inpats and expats are aware of Tdh security procedures and follow them.
CSP(=Child Safeguarding Policy):
- Undertake to ensure the best possible implementation of the Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) and operational risk management in his/her intervention zone and within project teams (in the case of an identified problem, contact the Country Delegate to report it)
- Assist in the implementation of resources for promoting awareness and supervision necessary for his/her local colleagues to adhere to the Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) and operational risk management
- Participate in monitoring protection cases, allegations or possible/potential violations of the Child Protection Policy under the supervision of the Country Delegate
- In conjunction with the Country Delegate and the field coordinators, analyse the security situation in his/her area and inform the representative through periodic reports
- Contribute to updating the security plan on his/her area(s) of intervention
- Check that the members of staff in his area(s) are in fact following safety procedures
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development program
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position/high management position in the field
- Significant knowledge and experience in logistics, admin and finance
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian response and development work
- Excellent written and spoken English (French is not required)
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator
- Ability to work under pressure
- Management skills
- Knowledge of donor procedures (ECHO, BPRM, OFDA, DFID)
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please apply on our website: https://tdh.luceosolutions.com/recrute/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=921&idpart...
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile. Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: email@example.com
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
We will only consider complete online applications which correspond to the required profile: https://tdh.luceosolutions.com/recrute/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=921&idpart...