This Senior Management Team position is directly reporting to the Yemen Country Director. This position requires a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated individual capable of living and working in tough environment and still be ambitious, optimistic, and enthusiastic.
The Program Director is a senior leadership position within the Country Office team. The Program Director will ensure effective systems and ways of working are in place to promote community participation and high quality, evidenced based, and integrated programming. The Program Director is responsible for overall achievement of RI's Country Strategic Plan and RI Way. S/he will ensure key donor relationships are strengthened and maintained.
The Program Director is responsible for thematic quality and design, thematic leadership in New Business Development as well as program Quality Assurance. S/he will manage and support technical advisors who ensure that field teams are appropriately supported to grow the portfolio, ensure program quality and foster effective partnerships. The Program Director will ensure an active learning agenda. The Program Director will also be responsible for coordinating and managing unexpected events and program needs as they arise. This position will require exceptional flexibility in job function to serve the needs of a new program in a complicated context.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Plan the effective and quality delivery of the overall program and its activities in close coordination with Program Implementation Director in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
· Develop new programmatic initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
· Develop long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
· Provide overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives;
· Contribute and lead program development efforts by identifying opportunities and working with Yemen CD , as well as RI’s regional and headquarters-based Program Development department to draft proposals to respond to those opportunities; Participate in the development of funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services; Innovation and creativity will be essential.
· Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks, communicating and collaborating regularly with the CD, Operations Manager and Security Manager.
Overall Program Management
· Oversee all technical aspects of programs being implemented by RI Yemen.
· Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and program reports as per the grant agreement; Report progress of program implementation to the donor periodically through required weekly, monthly or quarterly reports;
· Ensure effective and agile contingency plans are always up to date and evolving as needed.
· Ensure that program activities comply with all donor and Yemeni legislation and professional standards
· Develop forms and records to document program learning
· Provide guidance to staff on all issues related to program quality
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
· In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Department, develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify and support Program Implementation Director to implement action plans regarding areas for improvement
· Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting of program learnings
· Following M and E reports, recommend and implement changes to enhance the program, as appropriate;
· Attend meetings with donors and other stakeholder
· Maintain effective communication with donors and other stakeholders
· Participate in NGO sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration; Networking and bilateral meeting are key to success in this context.
· Maintain effective communication with CD and other department heads, and with RSO regarding program implementation as required;
· Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications & requirements:
· This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment. Creativity, flexibility, strong work ethic and a sense of humor are highly valued. Exceptional individuals are encouraged to apply.
· Master’s degree in a relevant Humanitarian/Development field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience; technical experience in livelihoods, health, WASH, and/or education strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 5-7 years professional program implementation experience in conflict settings; including Program development and proposal writing experience.
· Solid background and knowledge of USAID, ECHO and UN Rules and Regulations;
· Extensive contacts with donors, U.N. agencies and other international emergency response and development actors;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
· The RI Yemen Country Office fosters an environment of respect for all coworkers regardless of level of seniority. Capacity building of national staff is a core competency of every expat position, and expat staff will be evaluated on their ability to strengthen the skills and growth of more junior staff and institutional partners;
· Fluency in English (spoken and written) required; Arabic language skills are highly advantageous;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently;
· Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
ü Transparency and Accountability
ü Agility and Innovation
To Apply kindly click on the Link below: http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=4&...