Regional Grants Manager
JOB TITLE: Regional Grants Manager
JOB LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
TRAVEL: up to 30% travel, mostly within Africa.
Reporting to the Program Operations Director for the EMEA region, the Regional Grants Manager is responsible for providing support to the National Directors and National Finance Managers on areas to improve financial performance in the Branches and National organizations in EMEA Area. This includes financial management and technical oversight, coordinating audits, financial planning and budgeting capacity building.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar field
· At least Five (5) years’ experience in grants management
· Knowledge of donor requirements (especially USAID, Irish Aid, DFID, CIDA, EU, etc.)
· Ability to understand financial reports and analyze financial variances
· Detail oriented, particularly with regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal documents
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to coordinate both financial and programmatic functions of grant management
· Good management skills (planning, organizing and monitoring)
· Ability to manage horizontally and vertically (professional / superiors/subordinates, peers, donors)
· Good communication and inter-personal relation skills
· Strong writing skills (clear, concise and compelling)
· Comfort and efficiency in IT systems including MS Office Suite
· Fluency in English
· International experience managing multi-cultural partners and stakeholders.
· Development and designing training modules; and facilitating training workshops
· Experience in a development sector organizations.
· Experience in project management and in financial management
· Working knowledge of accounting principles, systems, and analysis of financial reports
· Fluency in French, or Arabic an advantage
· Understanding HFH’s core business of shelter and human settlement
· Knowledge of legal issues particularly related to grant agreements and/or contracts in general
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your CV along with a letter of motivation online through our career site at:
Closing Date for Applications is the 27th of October 2017
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in the nonprofit organization market.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.