HYGIENE PROMOTION OFFICER (Filipino Nationals Only)
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: Nutrition, Food, Security and Livelihood, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster Risk Reduction Management, Advocacy and Good Governance.
As part of the Action Against Hunger-Philippines WASH intervention in Action Against Hunger Operation areas, the hygiene promotion officer will be in charge of all activities pertaining to safeguard and improve the public health of the affected and the most vulnerable population: Responsible for implementing behaviour change methodology (PHAST) for the WASH Department; Ensuring appropriate community involvement and delivery of essential WASH services and facilities; Ensuring positive acceptance of Action Against Hunger in the area of interventions; Leading Hygiene Promotion teas in the implementation of the activities; Active implementation planner.
Objective 1. Programming
To assist the Water and Sanitation Head of Project in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring the Hygiene Promotion component of Action Against Hunger Program.
- Conduct assessments and surveys to identify and design hygiene promotion strategy in coordination and consultation with WASH Engineer and WASH Head of Project / Program Manager.
- Responsible for mobilization of communities, including project buy-in, identification of local resources, and management of community expectations.
- Conduct hygiene promotion and Phased Approach to Total Sanitation (PhAST) related training to BHW, volunteers and WASH Committee member using participatory learning methods in the context of emergency
- Ensure household and school level hygiene promotion activities are conducted in coordination with relevant agencies at the field.
- Facilitate the Creation and Capacity-building of Provincial, Municipal WASH Task Forces & Councils and BAWASA for the sustainability of WASH inputs.
- Monitor WASH programme indicators regularly with extra emphasis on community awareness on WASH and public health risk in coordination with relevant line agencies.
- To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members, with special attention to those who are marginalized and overlooked in community decision making (inclusive approach) and develop trust, tolerance and cooperation among the community members through mobilizations process.
- Coordinate with water supply and sanitation field staff to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Program are integrated.
- To Collect relevant data required related to key indicators from the Community and other stakeholders and prepare regular reports.
- Facilitate distribution of essential hygiene materials, where required and within project design
- Participate in any kind of survey required for the work of Action Against Hunger
- Ensure Hygiene promotion related activity reports, monitoring report and other relevant documents are prepared, shared with head of project and documented.
Objective 3: Reporting
- Contribute to the continual improvement of WASH program/project
- Report any damage to the project/project facility caused by natural or man-made calamity and properly record WASH related field implementation progress
- Archiving project technical documents systematically to facilitate organizational level learning, memory and reporting.
- Consolidate annual technical reports of Action Against Hunger project teams and of partners
Objective 4: Security
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit on time the reports requested
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the Base Operations Manager / Head of Project for any security issues relating to work
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to Base Operations Manager / Head of Project or Base Logistician.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field relevant (Engineering, Nursing, Community Development)
Mobilization of the community conflict related issues in WASH activities.
Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on hygiene matters.
At least two (2) years’ experience and understanding of Hygiene Promotion and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstances.
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote area.
- Excellent English language in written and spoken is essential apart from Tagalog.
- Knowledge of computer software applications (e.g. windows, word, excel).
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger grid and candidate's previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should send:
- updated CV and letter of motivation
- salary expectations
Please, send your application citing PH 94-Hygine Promotion Officer- Illigan to email@example.com before the 26th October
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR Department
For the final job offer, it will be necessary to present all the professional experience certificates.
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline
Action against Hunger provides equal opportunities to candidates regardless their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities among female and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.