Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Governance Unit is responsible for the internal governance of the global organisation at the Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S) and it facilitates the development of and helps ensure a strong, integer and relevant TI Movement that fulfils its mission efficiently and in full abidance with the values that it promotes, also in respect of the diversity and high independence of its constituents.
Main function: Working in close cooperation with TI-S Regional Advisors, the Accreditation Coordinator supports TI’s National Chapters in delivering their submission for accreditation reviews in a comprehensive and timely manner and ensures that Chapters are compliant with basic accreditation requirements in-between accreditation reviews. S/he also supports the overall accreditation process by facilitating the compilation of the TI-S recommendations on accreditation reviews and where else needed.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 2 years
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Team: Governance, Accountability and Learning
Job grade: III
- Manage the process of National Chapters submitting necessary documents towards their accreditation reviews in a comprehensive and timely manner, proactively informing Regional Advisors of progress made
- Responsible to ensure that National Chapters deliver to TI-S – also in-between accreditation reviews - statutory documentation (audited financial statements, registers of interests, etc.) and conduct or let conduct whenever possible due diligence on such documentation, including compiling standards of good practice thereon
- Coordinate input from Regional Advisors to TI-S assessment of National Chapters for accreditation reviews
- Review submitted National Chapters documents and draft TI-S accreditation assessment in consultation with the Regional Advisors on behalf of TI-S
- Establish an online archive of accreditation questionnaires and ensure due publication of relevant documentation
- Back-stop the work of the Governance Unit, most importantly in the Chapter Accreditation context, and perform a variety of secretarial support duties related to the broader remit of the Governance Unit
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate university degree or professional qualification in the legal field, social sciences, administration or another relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation working on project management, business administration or another relevant field
- Strong understanding of TI Chapter realities and of the TI accreditation process
- Expertise in project management, knowledge management and monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of organizational / capacity development an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and to work effectively under pressure
- Extensive social and intercultural skills
- Business fluency in English a requirement; additional languages, in particular, Spanish, French and/or German an advantage
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, RELIEFWEB) and CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 29 October 2017.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.