Project Coordinator – Primary Focus West Africa
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
TI is soon to launch a two-year project advocating to strengthen the implementation of anti-money laundering and anti-corruption policies in West African countries. This project is financially supported by the European Commission (EC). In addition, a new project in Montenegro on the issue of treatment of corruption cases by the judiciary (also supported by the EC) is primarily managed by TI’s strategic partner in Montenegro, with monitoring and support from the TI Secretariat.
Main function: The Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of relevant TI projects, with primary focus on the anti-money laundering in West Africa project, and a monitoring and support function for the EC judiciary Montenegro Project. Specifically, s/he coordinates and/or oversees as relevant the work flow, financial and administrative management of the projects, ensuring that agreed goals, best practice standards, donor obligations and TI-S regulations are met relating to project implementation by TI-S and partners.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Team: Project Management (PM)
Job grade: III
- Coordinate the work flow, implementation, financial and administrative management of the anti-money laundering project in West Africa, and monitor and support implementation of the Montenegro project, in order to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project activities and achievement of agreed goals and greatest possible impact by TI-S and project partners
- Ensure that all donor contractual obligations (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, financial and narrative reporting, etc.) for the projects are met in a professional, transparent and timely manner
- Work in close collaboration and ensure ongoing communication with project partners on all aspects of their work, including anti-corruption and anti-money laundering policy support and coordination with partners
- Maintain regular communication with the donor on financial and project management at TI-S as well as project implementation at partner level
- Ensure high-quality financial and narrative reports by project partners and TI-S to the donor
- Collaborate closely with colleagues working on the projects to provide support to project partners on topics such as e.g. monitoring and evaluation, advocacy and communication/outreach activities
- Collaborate closely with colleagues working on the projects to develop and monitor the implementation of capacity development plans, risk assessments and monitoring and evaluation frameworks for project partners
- Provide input into TI-S’s advocacy and communications strategy for the projects
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, finance, social science, public administration, economics, or another relevant field
- 4/5+ years of project management experience with an International NGO or International Organisation, or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated in-depth knowledge of project management best practices
- Experience in managing EC-funded projects an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work well across diverse teams, interests and countries
- Experience in anti-corruption or anti-money laundering policy analysis an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication in English; advanced French language skills (professional communication) required; proficiency in other languages an asset
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
- Demonstrated interest in the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption as well as the project issues
- Willingness to travel
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, RELIEFWEB) and a CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 22 October 2017.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.