Nigeria Field Team
Field Team Information:
- Term: 2 year contracts in a field intensive role
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Start Date: January 2018
- Team Leader (1 opening) - Extensive leadership and management experience; Special Operations Forces experience required
- Impact Programs Specialist (1 opening) - Development background in agriculture, financial inclusion program, healthcare and education programming preferred
- Monitoring & Evaluation Program Specialist (1 opening) - Expertise in designing and implementing M&E surveys and tools in austere environments
*Individual job descriptions will be shared after application submission. Please specify in your cover letter which role(s) you’re interested in.
Nuru is focused on ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas and knows that a unique solution is needed for highly fragile states:
“Fragile states are lagging behind in achieving the Millennium Development Goals. Without urgent action they will be home to more than half of the world’s poor after 2018. Declining foreign aid and other external resources are not enough to drive development and stability in these countries.” – OECD, Fragile States 2014 Domestic Revenue Mobilisation in Fragile States
Thus Nuru’s next project site will launch in 2017 in a fragile region in Nigeria. Our goal is to take a “boots on the ground” approach and hire a highly skilled team to launch this project with an established exit strategy in mind. Nuru’s model depends on the organization’s ability to identify, train and collaborate with highly capable local leaders to develop and implement sustainable poverty solutions.
The initial Nuru Nigeria project will be located in a semi-permissive environment with a fluid security situation. For this reason, the first Field Team will consist of several members with prior military service, ideally from a Special Operations Forces background with combat experience. All team members will be expected to use sound judgement to make critical decisions in complex and uncertain conditions. Candidates must be able to effectively navigate the spectrum of tactical, operational, and strategic environments.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- BA in relative field; MA preferred
- Military combat experience highly preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in relatable field outside of military experience preferred
- Nonprofit work experience living and working internationally in a rural environment preferred
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional strategic problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Complex scenario planning and project management
- Ability to do crisis management and rapid, innovative problem solving in uncertain environments
- Ability to build deep relationships with a variety of different partners and stakeholders
- Highest level of responsibility, discipline, and personal integrity
- Ability to operate effectively in unfamiliar and dangerous situations
- Passion for Nuru International’s mission
Please apply at http://www.nuruinternational.org/careers/ by uploading your resume/CV and cover letter- detailing which team role(s) you’re interested in, and how your skills and experience meet the Required Skills and Attributes as well as basic expectations of the role.