Senior Officer MEAL
Senior Officer, MEAL
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the West Nile, North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern and Central regions of Uganda, Currently, Save the Children has a staff complement of over 300 persons.
Reporting to the Regional MEAL Manager with a dotted line to the Sub Area Manager, the job holder is responsible for providing oversight for the Humanitarian programmes MEAL function including, putting in place and ensuring that projects use basic MEAL tools to adequately plan, monitor and report in a timely manner on activity implementation and results. In collaboration with the Regional MEAL Manager, the job holder ensures that the project has information briefs, regular sharing of project updates with stakeholders, a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from project stakeholders.
The job holder is responsible for maintaining an updated Output Tracker for the humanitarian response programmes, ensure that quality bench marks are used during implementation of project activities and puts in place a tailor made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices and makes sure that lessons learnt feed into Humanitarian programmes planning processes. In addition, the person is responsible for ensuring that project data on outputs and outcome progress is collected accurately and in a timely manner; supports training of project team and partners in quality data collection and management including use of data to inform decisions on the project priorities.
Contract Duration: Fixed term (12 months)
Contractual Status: National posting
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with young youth or access to children
Location: Yumbe, West Nile Region
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in either Statistics or Development Studies with post graduate training in M&E
- Minimum of three years working experience in monitoring and evaluation working experience (preferably in education/protection related programmes with an International NGO).
- Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring of different programs.
- Training and mentorship of Community based volunteers, Sub-county as well as District level partners in data collection management and reporting.
- Additional training and experience in biostatistics or monitoring and evaluation and MIS of an added advantage.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must. Microsoft office especially word, spreadsheet (Excel), Access, SPSS and GIS applications).
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dGltb3RoeS4zNTU1MC4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZH...